🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment not received to my PayPal
Page options
e4d2bc6f
Community Member

Payment not received to my PayPal

my transfer was denied because the option receive/withdraw funds was not activated on my account. my balance was 106.90$ but not it is 0$. how can I solve this problem, can you respond ASAP, please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Amina,

I am sorry to hear that you have not received your funds. I checked and it seems the transaction is currently in process. Please note that there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours to receive your funds on your Paypal. If it has been more than 24 hours, please contact PayPal. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

View solution in original post

660 REPLIES 660
fcbd71fc
Community Member

Trying to withdraw funds from Upwork to PayPal linked to a USD visa. 

request is getting rejected, Tried removing and adding payment method again but no luck. 

I got this email 

"

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

"

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please contact Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account and try again? You can also add an alternative payment method from this page.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, 

Thank you for your response. My account and Card are fully activated and verified, I don't think its a Paybal problem, I sent them a message anyway and will let you know their reply. 

Meanwhile, can someone from upwork support check this issue from your side ? 🙂

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mohamed,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
d344e98a
Community Member

Hello

I cannot receive money from Upwork to PAYPAL.

So I added my prepaid visa card to receive payment.

But when I want to make the transfer, it does not appear in the list of billing method

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Davy Evrard,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
chortieshaw
Community Member

Hi. I tried to withdraw on paypal account and immediatly received "Your payment has been rejected". Need help to know the reason. Thanks.

Hi Kyrylo,

I am sorry to hear about your withdrawal. I suggest you reach out to PayPal support to check the status of your PayPal account and try again once the issue has been resolved.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Solved for me: Ukrainian users can not receive PayPal payments from Upwork (not allowed by PayPal), only payments from PayPal users are allowed. That`s why transactions are always rejected. Payoneer works fine.

avignonemaria
Community Member

I have to clients/people I did jobs for and the say they sent the money - it  is not showing in either my paypal or upwork acct how do i contact Upwork to check on my payments made. 

Hi Maria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can see some payments currently on pending status. Please keep in mind that when your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period.

You may check your transaction history here.

~ AJ
Upwork
bouguern_m
Community Member

HELLO,

first upwork demaned that i need to have the same name in upwork as paypal so the transaction can happen so i changed the paypal name, after that every time i request a payment to paypal it fails and desactivate the paypal paymrnt method, knowing that paypal and upwork both are verified and the name in paypal match the name in upwork,also paypal is linked to my credit card and activated, please help.

It can be frustrating when you encounter issues with payment methods on platforms like Upwork. If you've already ensured that the name on your Upwork and PayPal accounts matches, and your PayPal account is properly verified and linked to a valid payment source, but you're still experiencing issues with payments, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. **Verify PayPal Account:** Double-check that your PayPal account is fully verified. Make sure that you've completed all the necessary verification steps, such as confirming your email, linking a bank account or credit card, and completing any identity verification requirements PayPal might have.

2. **PayPal Balance:** Ensure that your PayPal balance is not empty, or if you intend to use a linked credit card, that it has sufficient available credit.

3. **Check Transaction Limits:** Review your PayPal account for any transaction limits or restrictions that might be preventing the transaction. PayPal sometimes places limitations on accounts for various reasons, such as security or verification issues.

4. **Payment Source:** Confirm that your linked payment source (e.g., bank account or credit card) is in good standing and not experiencing any issues that might block transactions.

5. **PayPal Customer Support:** If you've checked all the above and are still experiencing problems, consider reaching out to PayPal customer support. They can provide assistance specific to your PayPal account and help diagnose and resolve payment issues.

6. **Upwork Support:** Additionally, you can also contact Upwork's customer support to report the issue and ask for assistance. They may be able to provide insights or solutions regarding payment issues within the Upwork platform.

It's important to address these issues promptly to avoid any payment disruptions. Be patient and thorough in your troubleshooting, and consider contacting both PayPal and Upwork support for assistance. They should be able to help you resolve the payment problems you're facing.

a90414a5
Community Member

Hi, I have Withdrawn money from Upwork to my Paypal. At that time Paypal limited my account due to verification. after a few hours, it was activated. For one week my money is not transferred to Paypal. The PayPal support team told me to contact the Upwork support team.

Hi Arif,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
30cc9920
Community Member

Hi Team i'm facing this issue from yesterday i have verified account of paypal linked with the profile but i'm not able to transfer my funds to paypal it's showing me that your payment got rejected but why it got rejected there is no clue.
Upwork 

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Akshay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
landofmindesign
Community Member

Returned Withdrawal ref 639026197 REJECTED

Hello, I got the same issue. I can't get paid and withdraw my funds via Paypal. How can I solve this problem?
Thank you

Hi Yevheniia,

~ AJ
Upwork
chortieshaw
Community Member

Solved for me: Ukrainian users can not receive PayPal payments from Upwork (not allowed by PayPal), only payments from PayPal users are allowed. That`s why transactions are always rejected. Payoneer works fine.

Thank you!

christ-eulogia
Community Member

I would like to make a withdrawal, but I use PayPal as my withdrawal method. Each time I make a withdrawal, the withdrawal is refused. But the problem is that I've put everything in order and everything is well verified, so I'm really lost and I don't understand why it's constantly refused. My PayPal account is in my name, my e-mail address is in my name and even my upwork account is in my name. So why is the withdrawal being refused?

Hi KOUKA,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you. In case you haven't already, can you please contact PayPal customer support and confirm with them if there's any issue preventing you from making your withdrawal? If the problem persists after that, don't hesitate to let us know; we'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2475adce
Community Member

Hi there,

I am receiving a rejection email when I try to withdraw money to PayPal account.

I checked my PayPal account details. I have approved my credit cards as well. Everything seems fine. But when it comes to withdrawing money I always get rejection emails. 

Can you reach me out directly to for support, please?

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ayhan,

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths