🐈
» Forums » Support » Payments fraud
Page options
samuelcfdez
Community Member

Payments fraud

Hello,

I have recently accepted a translation job in Upwork. Later they just said they are nor paying through the app so just working with them (company from Australia). They offered me 4 plans to choose with different money depending on the plan.

After I agree as did the translation they want to proceed with payment. Request all data and asked me to send ID for checking verification and pay $150 as a fee that then later will be sent to me.

Is this trustful?

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Samuel 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sofia2008
Community Member

To add to what Mykola mentionned, providing your personal details and accepting/sending payment outside Upwork are all violations of Upwork Terms of Service.

You can review them at the bottom of this page here.

The people you were dealing with are scammers and they will never pay you. A real client will never ask you to pay to get your payment.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
spectralua
Community Member

You can not speak outside Upwork before contract started.

You can not work without contract.

All this ToS violation. Repors scammer and block it.

sofia2008
Community Member

To add to what Mykola mentionned, providing your personal details and accepting/sending payment outside Upwork are all violations of Upwork Terms of Service.

You can review them at the bottom of this page here.

The people you were dealing with are scammers and they will never pay you. A real client will never ask you to pay to get your payment.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths