🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Phone number already in use/won't send ve...
Page options
Tanvi K Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005
Sarah T Community Member

Hi, I received an email telling me the number had been entered before and to verify that I don't have an account already. I don't have another account. This is the only one I have, and I've just created it. The help email did not give me any option to express this and the issue was closed. Can you please help me verify my phone number? 

Sidney A Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to set up my profile on Upwork. I'm on the last step, and have added my street address and profile photo. However, every time I try to click "Send Code" to verify my cell phone, red text pops up under the form field that just says "Something went wrong. Please try again later." I've attempted this on multiple browsers and keep getting the same error. Is there any way to find out what's causing this so that I can finish up my profile? 

Thank you very much! 

Bojan S Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sidney.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Alden R Community Member

the code wont send need help

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Alden,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Marcelo A Community Member

When I put in my phone number to and click 'Send Code' I get 'Something went wrong. Please Try Again Later". I can't finish my profile.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Marcelo,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Syed Aizaz H Community Member

Error message saying "Something went wrong. Please try again later" while confirming my phone number.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Syed Aizaz.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Leah K Community Member

Upwork is failing to send me a verification number to my phone, which prevents me from finishing my profile. It keeps saying "Something went wrong. Please try again later." Help?

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Leah, 

Does this happen when you try to clear your cookies or use a different browser?

ETA: Hi Leah, I'm coming back here to let you know that the Customer Support Team has reached out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further. I hope this gets resolved soon!

~ Avery
Danielle W Community Member

I'm trying to create my profile and when I go to verify my phone number, I get the error that something went wrong. I cannot get on the site beyond this point.

Hi Danielle,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Archer W Community Member

I am trying to open my account here at Upwork, but the phone number verification feature continues to fail, for two days now. I checked your servers and everything is up and running... I am getting an error message that states: "Something went wrong. Please try again later." I've turned off my firewall, adblockers, reset my router. Can someone please help me get my phone number verified so I can use my account?

Hi Archer,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Jordan M Community Member

Hi! 

I need my phone number to be verified but it won't send the code. If someone could reach out to me that would be great! 

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jordan.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! 

I need a code sent to my phone for verification. It says it's already in use and now said something went wrong. 

Thanks in advance for the help! 

Hi! 

I am almost done with creating my account but there is an error that pops up every time I try and send the code to verify my phone number! 

Would love some help! 

Thanks in advance!

Justin J Community Member

Like others who have posted on this thread, my phone number verification is not working when I try and create my profile. I also get "Something went wrong. Please try again later." Please let me know what needs to be done in order to address this.

Thanks

~Justin

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Justin,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Tronik V Community Member

I've tried switching browsers, etc. but no matter what I do it says this. I also tried using a different phone number. Is this a known glitch or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Tronik,

~ Joanne
Upwork
Linus B Community Member

Hi,

I'm setting up a new account and while creating my profile, the system is giving me an error when i attempt to have it send me the required verification code.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Linus,

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths