๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป Phone Number is already in use
Page options
Tanvi K Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005
Brian L Community Member

I'm trying to verify my account and create my profile. But when I put my phone number in to get the enter code, it says "This number is being used by another account" even though I don't recall making another account using this number. Can you please help me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Brian,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Hillora L Community Member

I am new to Upwork, and trying to submit my first proposal. Every time I try to "verify phone number" by clicking on the "send text" or "call me" buttons, I get the message that my phone number is invalid. It is not! I've checked and doublechecked, re-entered the number, and still can't get past this. How do I get someone to fix this?

Bojan S Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Hillora.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Marianabel M Community Member

Hi, I need to change my phone number to access settings and process my payment, can someone help me?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Marianabel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with updating your phone number. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Alireza Z Community Member

I can not verify my phone number, the problem is that I can not add my whole phone number to verify in other words I can add my phone number up to the last digit and I can not add the last digit. Now Upwork asked me to contact assistant support.

Bojan S Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alireza.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
John Russel P Community Member

My smartphone got stolen and I can't receive now the OTP. How can I change my mobile number for OTP now?

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi John Russel,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Daniel C Community Member

Hi there,

I'm creating a freelancer account but at the last step I'm unable to use my mobile number as it says it's already in use.

I think this is because I had a client account before and would have used the same number. I have sinced deleted the client account but am still having the same issue.

username: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

email address: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks,Dan

Hi Daniel,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Ali R Community Member

Unable to link my phone number it says!

You have exceeded the maximum number of attempts to add this phone number. Try a different number or contact

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Ali,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Raven M Community Member

Hello, I am trying to finish setting up my account but it says that my phone nymber is already in use. Can someone help me?

Hi Raven,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Steve B Community Member

I am trying to add a freelancer profile to my current account. When I get to the phone number verification step, it tells me my number is already in use by another account. I assume it's my client account. If it's letting me add a profile, why can't I use the same phone number?

Hi Steve,

I checked and it seems that you already chatted with our support team on this ticket. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Humberto M Community Member

My phone number is being used with another account but this is the first time I create an Upwork account.

Hi Humberto,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Peter B Community Member

finish my profile to join coz it says my number is on another account but its not

Hi Peter,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Gregory D Community Member

Hello,
my authenticator app was on my phone but now I've got a new phone I cannot access my settings or log into a new device.

Is there any way I can login with a new device without using my old phone? 

Thank you

Hi Gregory,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
John S Community Member

Hello, 

I am new to Upwork and I am trying to finish up the process of my account verification by entering my phone number to get a text message verification. But I keep getting an error message saying "This number is already in use by another account." 

I have tried closing my account several times and re-doing the entire profile set-up but to no avail is there any change within the phone number verification. 

Please help! 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths