🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone Number is already in use
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005
9763688c
Community Member

Hi, when I try to create my profile I get this error when adding my phone number:

This number is being used by another account

I used to have an upwork account but I think I closed it so I'm not able to log in. Can you help?

Hi Brianna,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
2d83b047
Community Member

When I enter my phone number I get the message that the number is used by another account and to please enter another one. This is my phone number. I cannot complete my application. Please advise.

Hi Katsiaryna,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
2d83b047
Community Member

Thank you so much!

2d83b047
Community Member

I wasn’t able to register, someone registered his/ her account on my cell phone number. The support team didn’t help me to resolve this situation.
c9d95176
Community Member

I'm trying to set up my upwork account, but when I enter my phone number for verification i'm met with a notification saying "This phone number is being used by another account".

Hi Zy,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
c9d95176
Community Member

I'm trying to set up an upwork account for myself. It's my first and only account, however whenever It asks to verify my phone number, im met with a notification saying, "This phone number is being used by another account".

I sent a support ticket but instead of asking to verify that I was the owner of the phone number or anything they just sent me this, **Edited for Community Guidelines**

If my phone number is being used by another account, its fraudulent...

Hi Zy,

If that's the case, please reply directly to your support ticket with our team here so they can assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
f7701c77
Community Member

I was a client and am now registering as a freelancer.  However, when I create the freelancer account, it says that I must validate my phone number. But when I validate the phone number, I get an error saying it is in use on another account. The other account is my client login and I don't want to delete that. What should I do?

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
52b271f0
Community Member

I'm trying to set up my upwork account, but when I enter my phone number for verification i'm met with a notification saying "This phone number is being used by another account". This is my first time setting up a upwork account so I don't know how my phone number is already in use.

Hi Next,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
48c2a10e
Community Member

hello I am unable to verify my phone number, when I insert the code its says invalid 

Hi Sarahi,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
48c2a10e
Community Member

Thank you !

34f79f90
Community Member

Hello, I am unable to set up my account. When I enter my phone number and ask for verification, I do not receive a text. Tried several times. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Susan, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
7d4fcabb
Community Member

Hello Tanvi, I think you can use another number

af80af66
Community Member

I'm having this same issue on my account. Once I enter my phone number, it says that it's being used by another account. Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Justin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you as soon as possible via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
079464b5
Community Member

Hello, 

I am having similar issue where I my phone number verification fails and gives me the following error: 'This number is being used by another account'. Please let me know how I can resolve this.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sushma, 

I asked the help of the Customer Support Team. They will reach out to you directly through an email support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
7ecfe50a
Community Member

I can't verify my phone number because for some reason, it says it's already in use. I'm not sure what to do. 

Hi Ayomide,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
d5028421
Community Member

hi, i am not receiving the text number verification. help!

Hi Yenifer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
70c69941
Community Member

Hello,

I am not receiving a verification code for my account phone number

Please have someone reach out.

thanks!

Hi Patricia,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0e575337
Community Member

I'm a freelancer new to upwork and my profile will not finish completion without my phone number which appears to be "in use already". What should I do about this?

Hi Bill,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e40dabf6
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I've made it all the way through profile creation, but I cannot verify my phone number because it says it is already in use. I have never used Upwork before. Can someone please assist? Thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Megan, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
42aaaa20
Community Member

May I get help in verifying my phone number? I tried multiple times but I wasn't able to get the message, so I wasn't able to continue with setting up my profile. 

Thank you. 

Hi Caroline,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble verifying your phone number. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
86c028a1
Community Member

Hi,

Experiecing an issue when attempting to verify my account. The error is returning `This number is being used by another account`... any assistance with this would be great or a way to troubleshoot this. 

Hi Angela,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
28d10d1e
Community Member

I am unable to verify my number. It must be linked with my previous account. I have deleted the old account but it is still unable to verify my number through the new account. Can anyone help me out please.

Hi Danial,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths