🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone number already in use
Page options
Asha S Community Member

Phone number already in use

My account is attcahed to another account but I cant seem to ifgure out what emai its attached to.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach our support team directly so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. Please let us know on this thread if you need assistance with this issue and we'll be happy to help.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

736 REPLIES 736
Sonya S Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I'm new to Upwork. Having the same issue as above. I can't verify my phone #. Can you please assist with this?

Thanks,

Sonya

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Sonya,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Ignite O Community Member

Hi, I can not post a new job due to a mobile number issue. Always shows message "This number is being used by another account"

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Ignite,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Wilson G Community Member

Hello,

I am running into the same issue as well. Can I please have a ticket opened for my issue?

Ivygail J Moderator

Hello Wilson,

I am sorry to learn about the issue you encountered when trying to verify your phone number. I have shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to provide you with the necessary assistance. You can access your ticket on this page.

~Ivy
Claire W Community Member

Hi AndreaG,

I am having the same issue. My mobile is linked to an old account that I no longer have access to. I am trying to create a new account for my business and it will not let me verify my old number. I have contacted the chat support and the bot just sends me in circles with no way to contact Upwork directly. Please provide assistance 

Ivygail J Moderator

Hello Claire,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you encountered when trying to verify your phone number. I assure you that 

I have shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to provide you with the necessary assistance. You can access your ticket on this page.

~Ivy
Tanyia K Community Member

I have had the same issue for 2 years.  The chat bot is useless.  Impossible to find a contact for the support team.  Twice I have been told it is resolved.  It is not resolved.  I can buy connects.  I can upload information.  I can pay for boosts but I cannot submit a proposal because it says my phone number is in use with another account.  So why take my money then??

Please resolve this issue.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Tanyia,

~ Joanne
Upwork
Tanyia K Community Member

How can i reach out to support or get a ticket submitted.  I have had this issue since 2023.  It has been submitted twice and was told it was resolved twice.  Howevr, when I go to submit a proposal it tries to verify my phone number and tells me it is in use by another account.  I have checked for duplicate accounts and cannot find any.  Please help.  I was able to buy connects and boost my post but I cannot submit proposals to work!!

Amy N Community Member

Hi Andrea, I am experiencing the same issue. How can I directly reach the support team to resolve this? Thanks

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Amy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Tunisia S Community Member

Hello, can you please assist me. I am having the same issue on my client account. Thank you.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Tunisia,

~ Joanne
Upwork
D M Community Member

Hi Andrea, I'm having the same issue with error "This number is being used by another account". I don't believe I've ever created an account. Please reach out to me so I can finish creating my profile.

Thanks!

Devon

Joanne P Moderator

Hi D,

We've requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will contact you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
Ambokile S Community Member

Hi I have the same issue when I try to post a job an error message shows up saying my number is being used by another account. I have a second account and access to that but I can't see a way to update or access my phone number to begin with. the other account sends me notifications while I'm using this one so they seem to recognize that they're both related. I'm also being prevented from deleting the other profile by another error message. please help me.

Ivygail J Moderator

Hi Ambokile,

I am sorry to learn about the issue you have encountered when trying to post a job. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Ivy
Marcella K Community Member

Hi Andrea, I'm trying to verify my account, but it says my phone number is already used on a different account. I created an Upwork account a while back with my old email and barely used it. Is it possible to deactivate that old account so that I can use my number on this account? Thank you!

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Marcella,

~ Joanne
Upwork
Dahya M Community Member

I need help with my phone number and with my two accounts please !

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Dahya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Moesaif A Community Member

Hi, 

I'm having the same exact problem. Can someone from support help me. Thanks! 

Ivygail J Moderator

Hi Moesaif,

I saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~Ivy
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths