🐈
» Forums » Support » Price change before accepting an offer
Page options
ff35cc8e
Community Member

Price change before accepting an offer

Is it follow the Upwork rules to negotiate with a client (an offerer) and change my bid price once acceptedExpected amount I will receivebefore I accept the offer? If the price is changed in that way at that stage, how should I start the job? Do I need to do any setting in Upwork site before clicking "Accept offer "?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Yazawa,

Thank you for your message. You have the opportunity to discuss and negotiate the pricing with the client at any stage of the hiring process, including before and after receiving an offer. However, once you accept an offer, you are expected to honor the agreed-upon terms and conditions. Changing your price after accepting an offer and getting into a contract may be considered a breach of contract. Therefore, it is advisable to finalize the pricing before accepting an offer and ask the client to resend the offer with the correct pricing if needed.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Yazawa,

Thank you for your message. You have the opportunity to discuss and negotiate the pricing with the client at any stage of the hiring process, including before and after receiving an offer. However, once you accept an offer, you are expected to honor the agreed-upon terms and conditions. Changing your price after accepting an offer and getting into a contract may be considered a breach of contract. Therefore, it is advisable to finalize the pricing before accepting an offer and ask the client to resend the offer with the correct pricing if needed.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you very much for the helpful advice. Do I have to decline the original offer before or after I ask the client to resend the offer with the correct pricing? If so, please tell me what timing I shoud decline it.

Before you reject the offer, you should communicate with the client and explain the pricing discrepancy. This will help you maintain a good relationship with the client and avoid any misunderstanding. You can ask the client to send you a revised offer with the correct price or negotiate a new deal that works for both parties.

- Pradeep

Upwork
ff35cc8e
Community Member

Thank you for the advice. It was really helpful.

b658d523
Community Member

Here are some key points to consider:

1. Price Negotiation Before Acceptance: It's acceptable to negotiate with a client before accepting an offer. You can discuss project details, scope, and pricing to ensure both parties are aligned. Make sure the agreed-upon terms are clearly communicated.

2. Changing Bid Price After Acceptance: It's generally not recommended to change the bid price after accepting an offer unless both parties agree to the modification. Any changes to the agreed-upon terms should be discussed and confirmed in writing through the Upwork messaging system.

3. Starting the Job: Once you accept an offer, you can start the job based on the agreed-upon terms. Make sure you have a clear understanding of the project requirements and scope before beginning any work.

4. Upwork's Dispute Resolution: If there are disputes or disagreements during the project, Upwork provides a dispute resolution process. However, it's crucial to avoid unnecessary conflicts by ensuring clear communication and agreement on terms before starting the work.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths