🐈
» Forums » Support » Received invitation but cannot access Submit ...
Page options
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Received invitation but cannot access Submit Proposal or Decline buttons.

I always respond to invitations but am unable to. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Phyllis,

I have checked your Archived Interviews and the most recent job has been closed. Please note that If an invitation is withdrawn by a potential client within the first 24 hours, it doesn't count against your response time, even if you didn’t get a chance to reply. Clients withdraw invitations for a number of reasons, including because they changed their mind, hired someone else, or had the job closed by Upwork.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
yousaf-1
Community Member

Hi Phyllis,
Most probably this is due to any change in the job post criteria, Job has limited time to apply and timeout. Sometimes clients make such changes and you can't respond to Job post. Try reloading Job in a new tab and see if it loads.

Thanks,
Yousaf

ArjayM

Hi Phyllis,

I have checked your Archived Interviews and the most recent job has been closed. Please note that If an invitation is withdrawn by a potential client within the first 24 hours, it doesn't count against your response time, even if you didn’t get a chance to reply. Clients withdraw invitations for a number of reasons, including because they changed their mind, hired someone else, or had the job closed by Upwork.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thanks, Arjay. I accidentally accepted this as the solution. In fact, from my side the job post was not closed. I could still view it and the invitation and everything else as usual, with the exception of the 'submit proposal' and 'decline' buttons, which were absent. Typically, if a job is closed before I attempt to respond, that is made clear. 

There does seem to have been some kind of glitch, although not a mission-critical one. 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Phyllis, closed projects can't be viewed. Thanks!

I'm aware of that, hence my puzzlement that I could still view the job and the invitation but there was no way to respond to the invitation. 

BTW, parroting parts of responses that have already been offered by moderators adds nothing positive or productive to forum discussions and can actually cloud the issue, especially for brand new, inexperienced UW users who are still figuring out how to vet sources of free advice. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths