🐈
» Forums » Support » Request to be paid
Page options
abdelbaki_bk
Community Member

Request to be paid

Hi, I have some funds in the pending state that I'd like to retrieve. I've worked on the platform before and I understand that funds has to stay pending from Friday to Wednsday. But I have an emergency and would like to get my funds before Tuesday.

Thank you so much for your understanding

4 REPLIES 4
LuiggiR

Hi Abdelbaki,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear you're going through a difficult situation. However, I'm afraid that is not possible to withdraw funds before the review cycle is completed. You may want to check out this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi, thank you for your reply. The funds I’m requesting aren’t in the review period but in the security period!

UpWork cannot and will not for good reason release funds that have not been fully processed, you can only withdraw what is in available status and they will not entertain requests for any early releases under any circumstances.

I understand that this may not help you but from a business perspective it makes perfect sense, there are millions of freelancers on the platform so they have to have common operating procedures and standards and cannot go by exceptions.  UpWork is quite clear about the money flow and accurate about the release of funds, aside from that it is up to every individual to properly manage their cash flow.

Sorry but this really isn't an UpWork issue to solve.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "But I have an emergency and would like to get my funds before Tuesday."

An emergency?

No, that is not how this works.

Upwork has literally millions of users.

Upwork can not change its processes because you have an emergency.

That is what your uncle is for.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths