🐈
» Forums » Support » Review the escrow refund request
Page options
ae2f4082
Community Member

Review the escrow refund request

Hey, I am getting this error message, after doing work, but without any message or something, he requests a refund, i don't think i missed the work, since it's was doing voice overs.

and here i can't type any number

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

14 REPLIES 14
89ab3648
Community Member

I m facing the same problem, my Chinese client asked for an escrow refund so I opened a dispute as I don't miss the work too and when I want to put the amount, I'm stuck as it is said to put an amount between 1 and $0,00 .. how to do??

89ab3648
Community Member

Somebody else is facing the same problems.. where is Upwork support??

I have had a refund request from a client and am in the process of disputing it. I have reached the "payment" section where it asks me to enter an amount in $ that i'd accept to resolve the dispute. Unfortunately it says I can only request up to $0.00, which means I can't actually request anything.

I understand it says $0.00 released from escrow as the milestone has not been paid. However the contract still lists the full milestone amount as being "in budget". Surely this means the milestone is fully funded; and as the client is requesting a refund I would have thought it would be for more than $0.00 as well.

I've tried to talking to the support chat but it told me to contact upwork support directly; I am not sure how to do that or how to proceed with the refund dispute. I've attached an image of what I mean to further clarify my point (clients name redacted)

UPDATE: Turns out my client was suspended; I hope I can still somehow get the milestone as I have submitted all required work

I'm facing the same problem. And I replied to another person to whom it happened too today.  I tried to contact Upwork support, I ask to open a ticket but the bot bugs and I can t open a ticket... how to resolve?

Hi upwork team 

I'm freelancer. I done work of a client and he didn't pay me. he requested changes 4 or 5 times without any reason and at last ended contract without paying. Now today i received a notification that he needs his refund. He didn't pay me anything. How can i give him refund. His name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Can you please check. I don't see any option to go for a dispute. It's showing it's approved by me. but i didn’t approve it. Please can you solve the issue. It's my recent ended contract. I want to report that client as a fraud too.

I did a job more than three weeks ago, the client said they were checking it and now there is no chat and they asked for a refund even though I did it. In the dispute, Upwork page does not work. I will upload the image. How do I keep going if Upwork does not let me? Thank you.

Hi Belen,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will contact you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
btinfinity
Community Member

I've got the same issue, did voice work for a chinese client. Today they requested a refund without ever complaining about my work or talking to me; I can't put an amount over $0.00 and I can't figure out how to reach Upwork support directly

Same a voiceover in French for a Chinese client. I think it was a scam! Impossible to contact the client.

I just did a research with the name of the client and apparenrly the customer is suspended 😳

The money was in Escrow, so they should pay for the task done right? 🤔

We have the same client! If the money is in Escrow then it belongs to Upwork not the client; we should be paid for our work. Hopefully we'll recieve the money soon or at least get an answer here

Ok, hopefully we will receive the money soon and get an answer here. I feel better to know we are 3 people on the same boat 😅

LuiggiR

Hi Tunahan and everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences and any frustration this may have caused you. I've shared your reports with the team so they can review this and investigate it further. They will be contacting you individually through a support ticket. You can access your tickets through this link.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1e0e8320
Community Member

I also have the same error Sir.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths