🐈
» Forums » Support » Scammed by a poster and my Google account is ...
Page options
lindsey-t
Community Member

Scammed by a poster and my Google account is suspended

I'm new to the freelance community and I got scammed by a false job post. Poster looking for user testing on an app. They provided a "company card" to make transactions in app to test the purchasing feature that "had errors". I terminated the contract part way through when the poster kept asking me to make more and more purchases. They insisted it was a company credit card. 

Now Google has suspended my account and asking me to verify the card used for the purchase. I notified Google of the scam the same day and asked for the charges to be reversed. Reported the poster on Upwork and with the app developers. All ignored me and Google even canceled my play points account. Now, over a month later my Google Pay account is suspended pending bank verification. How can I verify and account that isn't mine. I have screenshots of all the conversations with the poster insisting the job was legit and it was their company card. Upwork won't do anything about it. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
lindsey-t
Community Member

NA

PradeepH

Hi Tanya,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. I checked and I see that we have already taken action on the reported client's account. Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths