🐈
» Forums » Support » Scammer exploiting freelancers on Upwork
Page options
a7s_g
Community Member

Scammer exploiting freelancers on Upwork

Hi Upwork Team,

I want to report a suspicious client who appears to be exploiting freelancers by requesting detailed unpaid test samples. The client has zero reviews, a low hire rate, minimal spending, and has posted multiple similar job descriptions, all interviewing several freelancers and asking for unpaid test work. Most of these job postings are still open.

I confronted the client about my suspicions of him being a scammer, after which he started erasing evidences, including removing his open jobs. This behavior is a clear attempt to cover up his actions and further confirms his malicious intent.

It's evident that the client is attempting to get free work from freelancers. This behavior is unethical and violates the fair practices expected on Upwork.

Please investigate this account and take appropriate action to protect freelancers from exploitation.

I considered including the account name in this post; however, I have chosen not to disclose it publicly. If any support team member sees this, please contact me directly to provide all relevant details.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards.

1 REPLY 1
spectralua
Community Member

Account name will be deleted by moderators anyway. 

You can Flag job and write all there to involve Upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths