🐈
» Forums » Support » Someone is impersonating me
Page options
ebcfb188
Community Member

Someone is impersonating me

Hello,

Someone is impersonating me on Upwork and using my contact information and website. I was contacted via my website by someone who said I had offered them a job and requested a security deposit prior to the work (a spanish translation job of some kind).  As I'm a native Spanish speaker, I wouldn't need a translator. 

I let the freelancer know that did not post any jobs  and asked them to report the account for me. Now, I'm unable to find the profile to ensure it's gone. Is there a way to make sure no other account has been verified using my linkedin, phone and website?  I'm concerned this will affect my credibility.

Attached is a screenshot from the freelancer and the emails. I redacted the freelancer's name for his privacy. The last email in spanish basically says how he found me and what came up when he did a quick google search. He reported and blocked the account for me. 

I didn't see a spot to report this, So I'll leave my report here.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for reporting this and we certainly understand how alarming this is for you. I've immediately shared your post with the rest of our Safety team for further review. We'll surely look into this and act against this potential fraud accordingly if necessary/.

In the meantime, we also encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for reporting this and we certainly understand how alarming this is for you. I've immediately shared your post with the rest of our Safety team for further review. We'll surely look into this and act against this potential fraud accordingly if necessary/.

In the meantime, we also encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths