🐈
» Forums » Support » Submit a Proposal button not working
Page options
2b9deddf
Community Member

Submit a Proposal button not working

Hello,

I just joined Upwork and am trying to submit proposals, but whenever I try to all that happens is the Submit a Proposal button turns from light green to a darker green but nothing actually changes. Not sure if this is a problem with my computer, account, or something else, but any help would be much appreciated.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone!

There seems to be an issue with submitting proposals for users who must verify their location. You are meant to receive a notice to confirm your location, but there seems to be an issue with this experience. 

We are currently looking into this with the team, and we'll come back here with an update when we hear back from them. In the meantime, the Customer Suppor Team will reach out to you directly so that you can proceed with manual verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
NikolaS

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser? If the issue persists please share a screenshot from your end so that we can assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
82f5ab99
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue mentioned above. I have tried on a different browser already and cleared cache. 

Like it says, I'm new here but I have completed my profile and payment info and all that and am trying to submit a proposal for a customer but nothing is happening when I hit the link on the page. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Clint, 

It looks like you were required to verify your account before submitting a proposal. I can see that you've submitted your documents, and they were accepted. Are you still unable to send a proposal to jobs in the marketplace? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I am also having the issue of being unable to submit a proposal. Kindly help me resolve this.

Kind regards,

Sola S.

When I try to click the submit proposal button nothing happens. I have 50 connections, but still can't connect with any opportunities. 

Hello, 

Its been more than 48 hours since I created my profile and is still under review and unable to submit a proposal. Can someone please assist?

Profile - https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017ae3ac9a7309c1e1

Hello!

When I choose a jobI would like to do and clicked on the proposal, the verification poped up. It did not want to accept my driver's license. Now, it says that I have reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID and to verify my identity so that I can access all jobs, I have to contact customer support. May you please hep?

I did not receive any verification pop up after submitting my proposal, and so far I haven't uploaded any verification documents. I am new to this platform though.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nikoleta and Ndu,

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari. Please let us know if the issue persists and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
da20efd1
Community Member

Hello!

Thank you so much for your response. I did what you told me to do, and it
still says "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact
customer support <>" when I
want to submit my proposal.

Thank you,
Nikoleta Tatar

Hi Nikoleta,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
da20efd1
Community Member

Thank you so much for your response. I did what you told me to do, and it still says  "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support" when I want to submit my proposal.

4b414a94
Community Member

Hello. I had the same problem and clearing cookies/cache did not help. The issue, on my end, was due to the DuckDuckGo (Chrome addon) Privacy Protection setting causing issues with the site. I disabled the addon for the page and now I can submit proposals as expected.

Hope this helps.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dear Members,

I have escalated your reports to the appropriate team for further review. Please allow our team time and they will surely have this resolved. We will keep this thread posted with updates or if this potential issue has been resolved. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

**Edited for updates and additional information**

As Maximo mentioned, he was able to resolve the issue by disabling the extension in his browser. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? Let us know if the issue persists and we'll look further into this for you. Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2b9deddf
Community Member

Hello,

Thank you for the help! I tried to use a different browser but got the same result.

- David

304bee2b
Community Member

I'm still having issues with not being able to submit proposals. It won't let me click the button, when I do nothing happens.

Hi Corey,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I literally am responding to a post saying that the solution suggested didn't work. I have tried that again and it still does not work. 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Corey,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
2b9deddf
Community Member

Hello,

To follow up one more time, I have now also cleared my cache/cookies and that too did not help.

David

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David, 

It looks like you're required to verify your account. Let me ask for help from the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and you can proceed with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
myla_greziel
Community Member

Hi Valeria, I just applied jobs weeks ago and the proposal button is not working anymore, im already verified etc etc, is there something wrong with my account? i cant submit a proposal i just noticed it. TY

Hi Myla, 

Could you please confirm if you have tried basic troubleshooting steps such as clearing your cookies, or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone!

There seems to be an issue with submitting proposals for users who must verify their location. You are meant to receive a notice to confirm your location, but there seems to be an issue with this experience. 

We are currently looking into this with the team, and we'll come back here with an update when we hear back from them. In the meantime, the Customer Suppor Team will reach out to you directly so that you can proceed with manual verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
sampdoria
Community Member

Hello Avery.

Im a long time member with everything verified.

- I have cleared the Cache

- Tried another browser

- Tried another machine

- Have checked my messages or alerts for any type of updates required (none).

But my Submit Button does not work?

Thank you and regards

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kamal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you Andrea. The Helpdesk sent me a Clear Cookies Upwork specific link. Upon clicking it, the problem was solved. Thank you and the team for your rapid help! 

f5d638de
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I tried calling directly and no one responds. My proposal button is green, but nothing happens when I try to click on it. 

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bashany,

I can see that you've reached out to the relevant team with the same concern and several support tickets have been created. Please allow our team time to review your case and you should be getting an update here once done. A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
f5d638de
Community Member

Hello,

I apologize for using multiple tickets. How often should I be checking the
link you provided to see if an update is available. I would like to use my
account as soon as possible. 🙂
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths