🐈
» Forums » Support » Suspended Account
Page options
cybercom
Community Member

Suspended Account

Hello,

We are agency and we had an account with upwork since many years. We were busy with the other work. Since last few years we were not accepting the freelancing work due to business contracts.

Now we want to start with the freelancing work again. When i login to my account i see a message "Your account has been suspended". We alreay have work history on upwork. Can someone help me to get the account active.

Thanks & Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Amani,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

769 REPLIES 769

Hi Aney,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via your registered email address. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
mbninformatics
Community Member

Hello,

I have open Request #35264441 since 21st May and I am still waiting for an update. It was regarding malicious link that I did not know is redirecting to an unsafe url. I supposed to send a number of links to my portfolio in my proposal

I did not do this intentially and My account got suspended since then. Its been more than 2 weeks I am waiting for resolution and I am unable to work for any clients.

I sent multiple follow-up tickets but no response till now. Please guide how can I get this resolved

Thanks

Hi Sushil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
keyur30
Community Member

Hello Support Team,

3 days ago my profile showing Top Rated badge, I have earned more than 1k with good ratings and work on many different contracts. I received all payments through upwork only. suddenly my account has been suspended.

If I have doing anything wrong by mistake then at least i want to know the problem so i can fix it or give any explanation. I have not received any email or reason regarding suspension.

I have created ticket before 72 hours yet no response.

Anyone can help me here?

Thank you.

the same thing happens with me I think their management is worst day by day i don't know why?

b5832e01
Community Member

Same here !! Have not received solución and or explanation yet 

Did you all check your inbox or spam folder?

Help article. Appealing an Account Suspension – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Hi Keyur,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
keyur30
Community Member

Thank you for your help. My account restored now and satisfied with support.

suggestion : I think upwork should improve support ticket response time. sometimes it's take more than 3 days and sometimes more than 24 hours.

Hi Keyur,

Happy to hear that your issue is resolved. I do appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestions. I will share this with the relevant team. Feel free to message us if you need any assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a25dd6e4
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community,

I did not receive any notification of Identity Verification on my upwork profile. Today I just opened my profile and first it shows me "you have reached the maximum number of ID submission" and when I refresh the page it shows that "your profile is suspended. Please contact Upwork Support". I have attached the screenshot. But I did not submit any ID. I don't know why it shows that I have submitted this many times.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue and get my profile back?

Thankyou
Salmaan

Hi Salmaan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
74a80e62
Community Member

Hi,

I create new account few days ago and Upwork show's that you are now part of Upwork then I move my facebook client to Upwork via direct contract he send me payment at the time I setup my payment methode there via bank transfer when I click on withdraw they suspend my account and now I am inviting my one more client on it it shows you cannot do so your account suspend and getting no reply from Upwork as well

can you guys pease help me I create many tickets but no reply

waiting for you

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
74a80e62
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thank you very much for your reply I really apperciate it waiting for agent to reply

Thanks

mirouche_24
Community Member

Hello! I need help please, I can get access to all jobs but i can't submit a proposal, I don't know why ! I have cleared the cookies but nothing is done, I have even sent emails to get help but didn't get any answer! I have connects ! 

Hi Baaziz, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
74a80e62
Community Member

Hi,

My account still shows suspend no one contact me I am waiting for it now my client next payment is ready to release and till now I can't withdraw old payment via direct contract can you please help me I post new topic in cummunity but my topic removed please reply me once why I am not getting any reply and my account is suspend which is almost new and I am using only direct option right now and did nothing wrong on it if suspend you can at least email me or tell me what happen I make many tickets but no reply please please please answer me 

Thanks 

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it looks like the team has recently updated your support ticket! Please refer to it here.

~Andrea
Upwork
yevheniya_g
Community Member

My account was suspended temporarily. I got this e-mail more than a week ago. Could you tell me when my account will be unblocked? It´s essential for my new clients. Could you tell me the term? 

Hi Yevheniia,

I've followed up with the team handling your support ticket, you should expect an update soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
gri_hofmann
Community Member

My financial account suspended 4 days ago. Upwork support explained this as a scam by one of my customers. After that, all my funds were returned to my customers and I lost all my money. Nobody explained the reason to me. But it looks like I broke some rules. But I don't know what! All my clients are happy! They ask me why this is happening - but I don't know what to say.

Please!!!! Support representatives or experienced freelancers! Explain to me what's going on. I worked hard to earn my rating! I never broke the rules!

Hi Sergey,

While we won't be able to share more information about your specific case here, the team will continue assisting you with it via the support ticket. I've followed up with them and shared concerns you've expressed here.

Thanks for your patience while we're working on this. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
139aa524
Community Member

Hi there -

I have emailed support-appeals@upwork.com, from my main account, got a confirmation email with ticket ID: https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/35460695

5 days have passed by now and haven't heard back, not a single word. Could you guys give me some sort of update?

Also, this account is created purely for contacting you at the forums and not intended to be "secondary" account. Since I can't login under my main account to check the ticket, so... Yeah.

Could you please check what's up with my ticket?

Cheers! 

Hi Aleksandr,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
3d3a5554
Community Member

Hello!

I didn't get any email about my account suspension I don't know why my UpWork account has been suspended please tell what did I do wrong and direct me about my mistake 

If I have done something against your policies then I am extremely Sorry

Please recover my account you will never see me doing anything wrong again

Hope you understand my feelings

Hi AJ,

Thank you for reaching out. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e81a0328
Community Member

Hi.

I made this account just to contact support. My account was suspended - to my knowledge, I answered the securty question correctly. Can someone please help me? I have an ongoing project with my original account:  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Nina,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0584a732
Community Member

When i try to click  "submit proposal" it cannot be click and it shows error.

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for your message. Could you please confirm if you are unable to apply to just one specific job or other job too?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I cannot apply on other job too

I cannot apply on other job too 

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for following up and clarifying. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
92ce0915
Community Member

I've had an open ticket on an account suspension issue for quite a few days now, no assignee, no notifications, or reason for the action taken. What gives?

Hi Christopher,

I'm sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. I can see that you've reached out to the team handling your case and a support ticket has been created. Please allow our team time to review your account and you should be getting an update through that support ticket with further assistance. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while we address your concern. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
stenotypist1
Community Member

Why this popped up on my Upwork account "Some of your services are temporarily on hold".

I request to please resolve my this issue, thanks.

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and it seems like the pop-up is asking you to verify your identity. Kindly click the "Get Started" button to proceed. If you encounter any problems, please let us know and we'll assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
attiaali
Community Member

I received an email from Upwork that says: "You will not be able to buy anything until you add a valid payment method". Although I have added my active Paypal account, the buy connect button is still disabled. Why is that? 

My user ID: 6270890e

Hi Ali,

I have checked your account and I can see that a support ticket has been created associated with your concern. Feel free to check here or your email and I highly suggest you communicate with our team for further assistance on your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths