🐈
» Forums » Support » Suspended Account
Page options
cybercom
Community Member

Suspended Account

Hello,

We are agency and we had an account with upwork since many years. We were busy with the other work. Since last few years we were not accepting the freelancing work due to business contracts.

Now we want to start with the freelancing work again. When i login to my account i see a message "Your account has been suspended". We alreay have work history on upwork. Can someone help me to get the account active.

Thanks & Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amani,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

769 REPLIES 769

I have a similar issue and submitted a ticket, let me know if you got your account back, 

Hi Dalia,

I checked and it doesn't look like your account is on hold. Would you please describe what issues are you experiencing on your end so we can better assist you?

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Deepanshi,

Upon checking with the team, it looks like you need to complete a verification process. Please go to Settings > Identity Verification and click on "Get Started" to begin with the process. The team would reach out after you complete it if there's any additional step you need to take.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b14fcf0e
Community Member

I did account verification this afternoon. It was successful then. However, about 10 hours later i got an email from Upwork support saying that my account is temporarily on hold and they ask me to do the verification again. So i did the KYC again.  Funny thing is, my country Laos was not on the list when i went through the verification earlier. But now its on the list. Would anyone tell me why Imy account is on hold?

Hi Sysavath,

I can see that the relevant team reached out to you directly via a support ticket for assistance. Kindly refer to your ticket and continue communicating from there if you have additional questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b14fcf0e
Community Member

Hello. i have done the verification again as you requested and i am waiting for your feedback. i have been given 5 days deadline and its already been days. what am i gonna do? i cant let my account closed like this.

Hi Sysavath,

If you have further questions or if you need further assistance, feel free to follow up with our team directly on your ticket and they will be happy to assist you. When everything is in one place we can be more efficient at assisting you. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
93d7ec60
Community Member

Alright, Arjay.

Thank you.

But my main request is will the funds which is processing now be safe while I work on getting my account unrestricted?

Your reply will be very much appreciated. 

Hi Oluwaseyi,

The funds will be there for you to withdraw once your account is unsuspended.

~ AJ
Upwork
afrinsadia48
Community Member

My account has been suspended but my pfrofile is 100% completed and varified by upwork. I was inactive for a long time and now when i logged into my account i can only search jobs and saved them but can't submit any proposal. Why is my account has been suspended? How can this be solved? Can anyone help me and check my profile?

Hi Sadia, 

I'm sorry for the delay as our team had to look into this further. A member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
8a0e54c7
Community Member

Hello Upwork team,
I have been instructed to Verify my Profile. So, I have submitted my Aadhaar ID as a verification ID, but under the category of NIC. Kindly let me know if I did wrongly send it. Myself being an Indian, I only have my Aadhaar Card for my Verification. 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi George,

Please feel free to reply directly to your support ticket with the team if you need any help completing their request.

~Andrea
Upwork
8a0e54c7
Community Member

Hi there, but it seems like there has not been a support ticket opened for my issue.

Hi George,

Here's the support ticket in case you wish to communicate with the relevant team directly about your concern.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
msaiyed
Community Member

Hello,

My account has been suspended, I don't know why. They sent me a verification link but Link is expired. I didn't get any notification. I am on Holiday for a month. So, I didn't know about this.

It would be so great, if you can re-send the Verification Link. So, I can verified my account.

Thanks!

Hi Manzoor,

Thank you for your message. I see that the team has already notified you via a support ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
daryna_pesina
Community Member

Hi, I noticed an issue with submitting proposals today.

For some reason, I am unable to apply either as a freelancer or as an agency. The submission button is inactive.

Could you please assist me in this?

Kind regards,

Daryna

Hi Daryna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
yusuf_bel
Community Member

Hello

I have an account that got suspended for violating Upwork terms of use, which I didn't read well. I started a new account because I couldn't close the first one, now I can't use them.

It's been 3 years for that mistake which I regret doing, and I hope we can settle one of those accounts.

Best regards

Username: yusuf_bel 

Hi Youssef,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
d9430168
Community Member

please help me. I don't know what happened, just after my id verification my account got suspended

Hi Kainaat,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
f34ed928
Community Member

Upwork mail us that, We’ve reviewed your Upwork profile and your recent activities suggest that more than one person may be accessing your account. To help ensure the integrity and security of our marketplace, Upwork’s Terms of Service prohibits sharing a single account between two or more individuals. As a result, your account has been suspended.

But there is no activity like this on my account 
 I on my profiles on 2 different laptops of mine (one in the office and one in my home) and also login into my cellphone.
I don't know that it's prohibited in Upwork's policies. My contracts are running with different clients, Will you offer that to create an agency then we will login to different Laptops? is it also prohibited to login in on mobile and laptop at the same time?

If you suggest us then I'll create an Agency profile as well, but we want to do work on your valuable platform and don't want to leave this precious opportunity that you give to your sellers and buyers

I have also done the verification Step

If you want any other Verifications then let me know kindly

Regards,
Athar

Hi Muhammad,

I certainly understand your concern and situation. I can see that the team handling your case has reached out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your account. Please communicate with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
tife_gold
Community Member

Hello, pls I need someone help, I don't knw what happen to my account.

I am unable to withdraw my money, all I see is your financial accounts had been suspended.

Contact support when I want to withdraw my funds.

Someone should  help me.

Thanks...

Hi Omolade.

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
tife_gold
Community Member

Thanks 

dccbfcb4
Community Member

Hello Upwork, 
  Last two days age I got a email, my upwork account suspended due to name change, or two persone use. 
  but I'm not shared my upwork credinationl with any single persone, also no change my name on upwork.
 I'm trying to connect suport team, thorugh email but no response there.

what can i do now? I'm very confusion. 

some point, 

1. last month I upgrade my PC.
2. also get new internet connection

is it make any effect on my account?

anyone here, can help me?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sagar,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
32a72d15
Community Member

My financial account is suspended and I havent received any email from upwork. Please help.

Hi Jonna,

Thank you for your message. I have sent a follow-up to the team handling your case. Please expect an update from these support tickets whenever they have your account reviewed. We would appreciate your patience and cooperation while we address your concern. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
mmuzaffer
Community Member

I'm able to logon to my Upwork account but can't upgrade my membership or can't apply to any jobs. My profile was dormant for a few months and now I came back. Not able to see any option for chat/call. Can someone help please? Error Message:  Your access to Upwork has been restricted

Hi Mohsin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
1c292c50
Community Member

Hi Francis,

Check out your registered mail, I think support team already sent you a mail why you get suspended and what to do next. Thanks!

- Raju

Hi Francis,

Thank you for reaching out. I see that you raised a support ticket and the relevant team is already reviewing it. Please allow more time for the team to get back to you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
camtasia-editor
Community Member

@upwork, kindly we are not able to submit proposal, the subit button is unresposive.kindly look at it, there is an issue.
Thank you.

Hi Amon,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue of applying for jobs. I checked and noticed that your account has been placed on hold. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4cf0ad9e
Community Member

Hello, my original account got suspended because I had typed in the wrong answers to the security questions. My account went into a review, then without any notice or any chance to rectify my situation my account got suspended. No one from the Upwork team had contacted me regarding this, I have tried to reach out to them via mail but still, haven't gotten back a single reply. Please try to resolve this issue as soon as possible as I had one open job and the unavailability of my account is making it very difficult to do that job. This is a new account I made just to contact Upwork since they are not replying to any of my mails 

my original account's email ID is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths