🐈
» Forums » Support » Suspended Account
Page options
Anup P Community Member

Suspended Account

Hello,

We are agency and we had an account with upwork since many years. We were busy with the other work. Since last few years we were not accepting the freelancing work due to business contracts.

Now we want to start with the freelancing work again. When i login to my account i see a message "Your account has been suspended". We alreay have work history on upwork. Can someone help me to get the account active.

Thanks & Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Amani,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

769 REPLIES 769
Jonna Lene M Community Member

My financial account is suspended and I havent received any email from upwork. Please help.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Jonna,

Thank you for your message. I have sent a follow-up to the team handling your case. Please expect an update from these support tickets whenever they have your account reviewed. We would appreciate your patience and cooperation while we address your concern. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Mohsin M Community Member

I'm able to logon to my Upwork account but can't upgrade my membership or can't apply to any jobs. My profile was dormant for a few months and now I came back. Not able to see any option for chat/call. Can someone help please? Error Message:  Your access to Upwork has been restricted

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Mohsin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Francis L Community Member

Md Raju A Community Member

Hi Francis,

Check out your registered mail, I think support team already sent you a mail why you get suspended and what to do next. Thanks!

- Raju

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Francis,

Thank you for reaching out. I see that you raised a support ticket and the relevant team is already reviewing it. Please allow more time for the team to get back to you. 

~ Luiggi
Amon L Community Member

@upwork, kindly we are not able to submit proposal, the subit button is unresposive.kindly look at it, there is an issue.
Thank you.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Amon,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue of applying for jobs. I checked and noticed that your account has been placed on hold. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Aney K Community Member

Hello, my original account got suspended because I had typed in the wrong answers to the security questions. My account went into a review, then without any notice or any chance to rectify my situation my account got suspended. No one from the Upwork team had contacted me regarding this, I have tried to reach out to them via mail but still, haven't gotten back a single reply. Please try to resolve this issue as soon as possible as I had one open job and the unavailability of my account is making it very difficult to do that job. This is a new account I made just to contact Upwork since they are not replying to any of my mails 

my original account's email ID is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Aney,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via your registered email address. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Sushil K Community Member

Hello,

I have open Request #35264441 since 21st May and I am still waiting for an update. It was regarding malicious link that I did not know is redirecting to an unsafe url. I supposed to send a number of links to my portfolio in my proposal

I did not do this intentially and My account got suspended since then. Its been more than 2 weeks I am waiting for resolution and I am unable to work for any clients.

I sent multiple follow-up tickets but no response till now. Please guide how can I get this resolved

Thanks

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Sushil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Keyur D Community Member

Hello Support Team,

3 days ago my profile showing Top Rated badge, I have earned more than 1k with good ratings and work on many different contracts. I received all payments through upwork only. suddenly my account has been suspended.

If I have doing anything wrong by mistake then at least i want to know the problem so i can fix it or give any explanation. I have not received any email or reason regarding suspension.

I have created ticket before 72 hours yet no response.

Anyone can help me here?

Thank you.

Bangul k Community Member

the same thing happens with me I think their management is worst day by day i don't know why?

Monica V Community Member

Same here !! Have not received solución and or explanation yet 

Sophie A Community Member

Did you all check your inbox or spam folder?

Help article. Appealing an Account Suspension – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Keyur,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Keyur D Community Member

Thank you for your help. My account restored now and satisfied with support.

suggestion : I think upwork should improve support ticket response time. sometimes it's take more than 3 days and sometimes more than 24 hours.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Keyur,

Happy to hear that your issue is resolved. I do appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestions. I will share this with the relevant team. Feel free to message us if you need any assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Salmaan A Community Member

Hi Upwork Community,

I did not receive any notification of Identity Verification on my upwork profile. Today I just opened my profile and first it shows me "you have reached the maximum number of ID submission" and when I refresh the page it shows that "your profile is suspended. Please contact Upwork Support". I have attached the screenshot. But I did not submit any ID. I don't know why it shows that I have submitted this many times.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue and get my profile back?

Thankyou
Salmaan
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Salmaan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Muhammad A Community Member

Hi,

I create new account few days ago and Upwork show's that you are now part of Upwork then I move my facebook client to Upwork via direct contract he send me payment at the time I setup my payment methode there via bank transfer when I click on withdraw they suspend my account and now I am inviting my one more client on it it shows you cannot do so your account suspend and getting no reply from Upwork as well

can you guys pease help me I create many tickets but no reply

waiting for you

Thanks

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Muhammad,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Muhammad A Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thank you very much for your reply I really apperciate it waiting for agent to reply

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths