🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: The beneficiary name is mismatched.
Page options
18d977ae
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched.

Added my bank as a new payment method and I have been told that the beneficiary name is incorrect. How do I fix this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update 05/30: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

908 REPLIES 908

Hi Ankur,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
dcc72c7d
Community Member

Hey bojan 

I have the same issue with the beneficiary name , the name on my Paypal account match the name on my Upwork account, there's literally no difference , please help

Hi Mehdi,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi,

I need help for this.  

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I only use same acoount name but still receiving this problem.

Hi Lenie,

Can you confirm if your name is listed as a beneficiary name on the payment method? I would like to clarify that you can only add a payment method that is issued on your name or if your name is listed as a beneficiary name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
920b3203
Community Member

Hi, 

I have a problem with my name account which doesn't match my patent method. 

It's the same name but still doesn't accept it. 

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Céline Excoffier

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Celine,

Please allow 48 hours for your name mismatch to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
920b3203
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I waited 48h but my name still doesn't match the account name to get paid ?

I have a milestone of 40$ which is spending.

Thanks for your help. 

Hi Celine,

Your payment method is now updated and you can withdraw your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I don't understand. Why is it impossible to actually contact support anywhere on this website??

The support button (bottom right on this page) asks me to login again and again even though I'm logged in. If I go to the help center (while logged in), the support button responds with "If I can't find the answer you need, I'll get you additional help." but then everytime presents me with a "I'd like more help" button, you click it and go through the same loop again.

I added my business name as the tax and payment entity. Of course, that triggered the "The beneficiary name is mismatched. " error in Payment details.

The linked FAQ item in the notifcation at the top of my Settings page "https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063768-Bank-Account-Under-Different-Name" mentions that support will contact me. But it's been several weeks and NO ONE has contacted me, there is no way to open a support ticket outside of coming here and posting a reply.

This is a problem that so many of your users have encountered, I really don't understand why this has to be so difficult to deal with.

Hi Mark,

Please allow 48 hours for our team to review your name mismatch. They'll reach out to you directly if they need any additional information from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

It's now March 2. No one has contacted me or opened a support ticket. My account continues to suffer from the same problem:

The beneficiary name is mismatched. 

- Payment method verification in progress.

These are the same messages that have existed since I first posted here.

Hi Mark,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ionut-t
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Same issue here. It persists already for a couple of months now but I've just ignored it after I did a few updates since it seems that's an issue on your end. However, it hasn't been fixed yet it seems and I've tried again to update my bank information.

Hi Ionut,

If you're referring to a name mismatch, it doesn't look like you're having one with the payment method you currently have on your account, you should be able to use it. Please, let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
zaqvi
Community Member

My name is "Rehman Ul Mohsin Zakwi" at bank name. My profile name is "Zaqvi Mohsin". So, there is a problem with my bank detail and an error to correct it. What should I do?

Hi Zaqvi,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
tibinhas
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I've used my bank account without any problems before but suddenly Upwork paused my payment method claiming my name does not match my bank account name but it does match. I need to get paid soon, can you please help me? 

Thank you,

Beatriz

Hello,

After using my bank account without any problems before, suddenly Upwork paused my payment method claiming my name does not match my bank account name (it does match). I need to get paid soon, can someone please help me with this?

Thank you

Beatriz

Hi Beatriz,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform that your payment method is accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
5c00021a
Community Member

I changed my profile name from a nickname to my real name, and it has now told me the benificary name is incorrect.

I changed the name to my actual name which matches up with my banking details.

Can anyone help or assist, I have recently completed a job and i'm unable to withdraw the funds

Thanks

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the message. I checked and I see that the team has reached you requesting additional documents for payment method approval. Kindly reply to the notification with the requested information.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

thanks for the swift reply Pradeep. It asks for the following

"Articles of Incorporation showing the company name and your name as an authorized agent"

"Business license showing the company name and your name as owner or partner"

"A current statement (dated within 90 days) showing the company name and payment provider contact details"

It's not a business, I don't have a "business" the bank account is my personal account

what should i do?

Hi Robert,

Please follow up directly on your ticket with any additional questions you may have and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

it says the link has expired, i changed my name over a month

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths