🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
laura14128
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello there,

at my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, I guess because my surnames in my bank account have accent marks and in my Upwork profile I can not put them.

Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Laura,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

828 REPLIES 828
mossaybo
Community Member

Hello Nikola, 

Indeed the problem has been solved, really appreciate you taking time helping with this.

Thank you.

891824b5
Community Member

Hello All 

When add new Payment Method Paypal account can't accept is and i sure my both name at here and account paypal match 

Please help me 

Best Regards
Ahmed G.
WhiteHatElite

Hi Ahmed,

I reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Your payment method is now active. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a86ccb64
Community Member

Hello,

I verified paypal method to withdraw money but it's saying that the beneficiary name is mismatched. I have the same name on paypal and upwork. How to fix it?

Hi Mirko,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
df6544f2
Community Member

Even though my name is the same on Paypal, my bank account, and UpWork, i got a notification that my name does not match, cant find anyway to contact support except for that bot which did not help at all, any advice is highly appreciated, thanks!

Hi Amr,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
551244eb
Community Member

I have been trying to connect my PayPal account as a payment method but I keep getting the error "The beneficiary name is mismatched.". It has been successfully activated yesterday after I have submitted a bank statement but now I have re connected it by fault and can't submit documents for verification as the link I have received in my email regarding this issue is not working! So I want to submit my documents for verification.

Hi Shady,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
891824b5
Community Member

Hello All 

Please check my new add paypal account 

Error 

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Please i sure the name is match at both and thanks for your help 

Best Regards
Ahmed G.
WhiteHatElite

Hi Ahmed,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
hassan_zhas
Community Member

Spoiler

Hi I need help in sorting out the beneficiary name mismatch issue. I have verified my identity with Upwork. I have also got paid couple of times to my local bank. But suddenly I see a message as 'Beneficiary name mismatched' between Upwork and bank name. I have no clue what this really mean.

Pls assist me to fix this.

Thanks

Hi I need help in sorting out the beneficiary name mismatch issue. I have verified my identity with Upwork. I have also got paid couple of times to my local bank. But suddenly I see a message as 'Beneficiary name mismatched' between Upwork and bank name. I have no clue what this really mean.

Pls assist me to fix this.

Thanks

Hi Zoubia,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and one of the members will be in touch with assistance on how to clear the name mismatch on your account. You can check this page or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
78f370af
Community Member

Hi
my payment method has been working well for about 4 months but I received this message 48 hours ago and it is not solved yet. I didn't change anything but I found this message.

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the name mismatch has been resolved already.

Please know that our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Kindly allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ezzatmostafa
Community Member

I got this message on my PayPal after it was already confirmed. 

Hi Mostafa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I think it's solved thanks

78f370af
Community Member

Hi pradeep 
I have an issue that my payment method was working well for about 4 months and I already withdrew some of my funds to my Paypal account and it worked as it should but suddenly I received this message and it has been more than 48 hours ago but it is not solved yet, please I need help soon.
Thanks.

Hi mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to let you know that your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
b02bf750
Community Member

Hello,

I have been trying to add a paypal payment method for some time now. the beneficiary name matches with my profile name. Already have a support ticket but no one answered. can you help fix this please?

Hi Hadeer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b02bf750
Community Member

Hello Nikola,

Thank you for your response. It has already been 48 hours waiting for review and another 48 for the ticket support and no one answered. can you help fix this problem, please? 

Thanks.

Hi Hadeer,

I certainly understand that you want this issue resolved immediately. I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and you should be getting an update through the same support ticket. Feel free to communicate with the team if you need further assistance. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
b02bf750
Community Member

Thank you Arjay, appreciate your fast response.

30dcb51a
Community Member

Hello!

I want to add an alternative payment method, but I got the beneficiary name not matching warning (my name has a letter that doesn't exist in English and the letter is not pronounced so I removed it on my profile) I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks! 

72eed6f6
Community Member

I have the same problem, It has been more than 3 days now and It has not been fixed yet, I have some special letters in my real name which Upwork didn't allow me to put in while creating my Upwork profile, since my bank account has the special letters included, it thinks that the names do not match. I created a support ticket that has also not been resolved yet. Could you please settle this as soon as possible?

Hi Akincan,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello! I haven't received any feedback for  the same issue above. Could you help? Thanks! 

ohh, it is resolved now, sorry! 

d2df1529
Community Member

Hey I'm Freelancer and having registered agency. Want to get paid in my agency account. But its not being done. 

Hi Suman,

All Agency earnings are paid to the agency's financial account on Upwork. However, I have checked and it looks like there's a name mismatch between your account and the payment method on file.  

To help safeguard our users, we require your name to match the name on any bank accounts or payment methods you intend to use. To set up payment, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on the chosen account, or be able to demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork.

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you via a support ticket with assistance on how to clear the name mismatch on your account. You can check your ticket on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e65689fd
Community Member

Hi,

so I wanted to add my bank so I could get paid, but it says the name is mismatched. The thing is I have a letter š in my name but the site doesn't allow such letters so instead, I used s. Is there anything I can do?

Hi Katja,

Thanks for your message. I escalated this to the appropriate team and can confirm you should no longer see this error on your end. I can also see that you have not filled out your Form W-8BEN. Note that this is something you'll need to do so you can make withdrawals. You can complete it by going to Settings > Tax Information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a2a714b5
Community Member

Hi, i have the same problem when i tried to link my paypal account. It says names mismatched but it's not, it's the same name on both accounts so I don't understand why and how to make it match. Maybe it's the middle name on paypal that i should put together with my given name. But it's so difficult to change the PayPal name now.

Please help me to make it match! Thank you 

Hi Binh,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
1e7290c2
Community Member

I entered my card information to transfer the money in my account to my card, but my UpWork name and my card name do not match due to non-English characters in my name! In addition, the card information section does not accept the letter "Ñ" in my surname.

Hence, "Payment method verification in progress"
Your payment method has been disabled because the recipient name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Note: Also, I just changed my UpWork name to but it wants me to wait 48 hours. If this issue is resolved, I will change my name back to  (ENG). I hope changing my name won't cause any inconveniences.

Hi John,

Thank you for your message. I'm pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0595df73
Community Member

My beneficiary name is mismatched in both payment methods. But it was all right before. I was able to withdraw funds from Upwork and now it's saying that my beneficiary name is mismatched. I tried adding a new method (PayPal). unfortunately, it also says the same.

608fe91c
Community Member

I'm trying to add my local bank account but there is an error. My surname includes one of the Turkish special character.(Yıldız) I need help. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths