🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
laura14128
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello there,

at my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, I guess because my surnames in my bank account have accent marks and in my Upwork profile I can not put them.

Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Laura,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

828 REPLIES 828
1c23d288
Community Member

Hello there, Why i'am always seing this ? 

Hi Houssem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
0191088d
Community Member

hello everyone

i have a problem with my profile name and payment method. the first name i used on upwork was "eman abd elnabi" and it doesn't match my payment method so i changed to "eman abdelnabi" the profile name changed but didn't change in my payment so now i have a problem with adding apayment method and i can't withdraw my mony. it is actually the same name but it can be written in different ways, pls help me change my  verified name.

Hi EMAN,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
e43ba74a
Community Member

Hi to all,

Although my bank account and username matched before, I got a "name mismatch" error one day before I must get paid and my bank accounts were deactivated.

I had no such problem before. My name is Orkun Elmacıgil - I cannot use the letter "ı" when entering my bank account name and I enter it as Orkun Elmacigil. Is the problem caused by this? My account was verified before, now why is this?

I'm in a situation where I need to get paid and I'm living on freelance fees, it's not possible for me to wait 48 hours.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Hi Orkun,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
syuanyu
Community Member

Hi

I have "Name mismatch in Paypal account"  issue but my Paypal name is same as account name on Upwork.Can you please solve the problem?

Thanks

Hi CHEN,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you already removed PayPal from your account. Could you please add your PayPal account information once more? 

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
5e909b5c
Community Member

Hi! so I have the same issue about the payment, the bank account is the same name as my nickname so I dont see a problem 🤔 I have already read most of the articles on here, and also tried to communicate with upwork support, but still is being already the 24 hours and I dont see any response 🥲

I dont know what else I need to do more to fix this? 😓 or a support team could see my problem on the ticked support? 

Hi Nayeli,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ba646bf7
Community Member

Hi,

I  also have the same problem about my paying method. Since my last name starts with "Ç", , I cannot write my last name on the payment page. This causes my payment method to not be accepted. Can you help me about it?

Hi Melis,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that your payment method has been accepted already. Generally, it takes 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Right now, your payment method's status is inactive because for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

Hello, 

In my case i got the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message, but the email and name from both my bank account and upwork are the same. What do I do?

Thanks in advance,

Hi ANIQ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Generally, it takes 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
21fcc34a
Community Member

The beneficiary name on the payment method you added doesn't match the name on your Upwork account. This match is required.

How I can solve this issue?

Hi Bola,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hi

My payment method shows deactivated. It says the beneficiary name in bank and profile name mismatch . My bank name is Navya K G. Profile name is Dr Navya as I am a medical doctor..how to fix this problem?

Hi Navya,

I checked with the team and the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. That said, please note that your current profile name does not meet our guidelines. We don't allow honorifics like Dr. Mr. Mrs etc as part of your public name. Please update your name accordingly, thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
b2452aed
Community Member

I have just added a payment method for my account (paypal) and it was rejected because of name mismatch . I am pretty sure it has the same name as my national id but the thing is my national ID is in Arabic and the PayPal name is in English, can that be resolved. The name on Upwork account matches the name on PayPal account.

Hi Adham,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
kunalkannu
Community Member

Hi All,

I did a numbered incorporation in Canada. My bank account name is the numbered, e.g. 11111111 Canada inc.

On the add the payment page, I selected "Direct to Local Bank (CAD)", and I added the numbered name under the "Name on Account."

Now the error is 

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance

Hi Kunal,

I can confirm that the team in charge of your case has been notified and a support ticket has been set up. Please allow our team time to review and you should be getting an update on this page. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

~ Arjay
Upwork
582a9aa4
Community Member

My Correct name is "Dagmawit Tenaye Ayalew" but when I was editing my name i just made i mistake and Change it to "Dagmawit Tenaye Tenaye" which means duplicate my last name, so how to resolve it?

582a9aa4
Community Member

How to fix name Tying error 

My Correct name =Dagamwit Tenaye Ayalew error in Duplicate my last name Dagmawit Tenaye Tenaye , how to fix it?

Hi Dagmawit,

Thank you for your message. You can update your name from the Settings page.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

is it possible to update again after 48hrs? i need to reupdate it to the correct name 

582a9aa4_0-1660308057278.png

582a9aa4
Community Member

is it possible to update again after 48hrsupwork.PNG?

I just update once with a mistake, i want to correct it.

Hi Dagmawit,

Yes, you'll be able to update it again.

~Andrea
Upwork
582a9aa4
Community Member

Thank You Andrea G.

28f3dd60
Community Member

Hi, I have been having this problem with my Paypal account, I even deleted it definitively and created it again to avoid any mistake, but even though the names are the same it still doesn't work, pleaaase help😞

Thank you and have a nice day!😊

Hi Camila,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been resolved. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
alaanosser99
Community Member

Trying to withdrawal money to paypal but the request is rejected.

Hi Alaa,

It looks like the beneficiary name of your payment method was mismatched, which caused the issue. Can you try checking now and let us know if you experience any issues?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a_pozharskiy
Community Member

Hello. I got problems with adding the payment method.

My name have a few existing English transliterations.

So I used one of them when I registered my account (a long time ago), but after adding my current bank account as a payment method I found that they used a different transliteration.

I got the message about different names, and my request was declined after a short review.

After that, I changed my name in the "Contact info" section of my account setting. Everything went smoothly,

But after adding my account again I'm still getting the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message.

p.s. Besides, why can't I open a ticket anywhere on the https://support.upwork.com pages?

Hi Alexander,

I notified the relevant team of your concern and you should no longer see the name mismatch on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
50faf415
Community Member

Hello.

My direct-to-bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account. I checked and everything is correct.

Can you help me? 

Thank you!

Hi Ines,

I'm sorry to hear you experienced this. I've shared your concern with the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see this error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
roy-wei
Community Member

I have been asking to verify myself for the ticket#36326217 

I went to my bank and pulled out my bank statement, its a chinese bank and obviously my address is stating in Chinese. and I already highlighted it to the relevant agent  as below snapshot.

Does anyone from upwork team who is able to take care of my issue by using a google translator at least which is not too complex alright.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jia, 

I checked this with the team, and they have confirmed that the itemized things required from your end have been shared through your support ticket. Make sure that the bank statement you'll share with the team has the following information: 
 it must show your name, your address that matches the address on your Upwork account, and your contact information, and it should be a statement provided within the last six months.

If you have a statement that meets these criteria, please send it to the team through your ticket so they can review your documents. I have also followed up with them so that you can be assisted further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths