🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
Laura R Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello there,

at my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, I guess because my surnames in my bank account have accent marks and in my Upwork profile I can not put them.

Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Laura,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

828 REPLIES 828
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Mehmet,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Jaimie J Community Member

Hi, 

I've just setup my payment method but it gives an error that my upwork account name doesn't match my bank account name. I was using my nickname before but I've already updated it months ago. I am also a verified user already. Now, I tried to update my profile again but it still has the error. I received a notification about it also and the notif still contains my old nickname. Can someone help me fix this please? Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Jaimie, 

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ Nikola
Robert R Community Member

Please tell me why I can't withdraw money?
It tells me that my beneficiary name does not match in PayPal and in Upwork, but it is not so

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Aleksandr,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

And since the payment method was just added today, for security reasons, it will become active in three calendar days.

~ AJ
Upwork
Hadzira B Community Member

Hello,

My payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name doesn’t match with my Upwork name. But the names match. I’ve read your article about it and everything is like in article but it still doesn’t work

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Hadzira,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Seif R Community Member

My payment method is PayPal.

And I have the same name in the Upwork account as my Paypal account so I don't get why it says the Payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. I have tried it several times and it won't work.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Seif,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Ismail A Community Member

Please I tried adding a payment method and it keeps saying mismatched.

It's the same name just I created my Upwork account with my name and 3rd name, not my surname. The team can check my verification document

Hi Ismail,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Tho N Community Member

Hi UpworkSupport Team,

I'm getting the same problem as Robbie.  I want to use my Transferwise IBAN but "beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name". Notice is more than 5 business days.

How long will it take for my payment to be active? What do I need to push to review and accept this? Could you help me with this?

Thank you.

Hi Tho,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared.

~Andrea
Ma. Consuelo A Community Member

Hi everyone, I'm getting error: "Payment method verification in progress Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account", but I have used the same account name and payment details as I used before.

I checked and my name in Upwork is Ma. Consuelo Antonio. I could not add a dot to my payment details in Upwork because it would not allow special characters, so I only have Ma Consuelo Antonio in there. Before I didn't have any issues with it and I got paid, but now, I'm getting the error I mentioned earlier. I tried to update my Upwork profile name to Ma Consuelo Antonio so that it would match the name on the payment details but that did not work as well.

Please help. Thank you!

Hi Ma. Consuelo,

I checked and it doesn't look like there is any name mismatch on your account!

~Andrea
Maria Catalina N Community Member

Hello, i want the up work team to check my payment method please. last week i put my bank account, but it says that the payment method it s dezactivated because the beneficiary name doesn t match the name on my upwork accout, but it s the same name. my bank account( Transfer Wise) was olso with verification with my id, same as on upwork, so how come dosen t match? it s like 5 or 6 days since then .....please rezolve the problem. 

Hi Maria Catalina,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Paola O Community Member

Hello there, at my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, I guess because in my bank account they put my entire name and in my Upwork account I have just my first and last name. However, when I share my bank information, it seems like the file I'll attch (The same name at Upwork). Please help ! 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Paola, 

The mismatch in your payment method has already been cleared. You should now be able to use this payment method again. 

~ Avery
Joao Marcos D Community Member

I've set my PayPal account as the preferred payment method and it says it's not the same name. I'm curious as to why that is and what steps I need to take now to fix it.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Joao,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Sercan S Community Member

I didn't enter my last name letter as "ı" which  is orginal last name "saldamlı" 

So,I have seen this error when I look at the get paid section on the settings. 

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Could you help me?
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sercan,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

ASM Rajib Ur R Community Member

My upwork name and Payoneer account name is same but still it shows mismatched. Upwork deactive my payment. It shows -Payment method verification in progress. I have attached 2 of my accounts name. Please let me know.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Nikola S Moderator

Hi ASM,

~ Nikola
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths