🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
Mohit B Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hi,

I am unable to verify my name with bank account name. Can you please reach out to me as I need to get this verified. Previously it was added and last year - I did without funds too. Trying to keep the same acount. Please assist. I can share account details if needed. Thanks, Raj **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Duong,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

707 REPLIES 707
Sediq A Community Member

I received funds from a client, but it's pending, it says it takes a five day security period before the funds are transfered to my upwork balance, i've just recieved an email saying

"

The name on your payment account has been manually reviewed by our staff and did not meet the criteria for acceptance because the name in your Upwork account is different than the name on the payment account.

In order for you to disburse funds to your payment account, you will be required to verify your account and provide a statement showing your name on the account.

"

I don't understand this because i'm only using payoneer to recieve funds.

Isuri P Community Member

HI,

i added payment method but after that this message shown in my get paid page. please can you help me for this?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Isuri,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Elizabeth F Community Member

I am unable to receive support for this issue.  I have provided the correct bank account infromation.  I open support tickets and Upwork keeps closing them without the issue being solved.  This has been going on for over 7 days now and could be easily resolved with a 5 min phone call- what a shame Upwork doesn't have a support number with representatives who can assist in real time.

efernandesbaker_0-1680265147548.png

Elizabeth Fernandes-Baker, MBA, PMP, CSM
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Elizabeth,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~Andrea
Sheillah N Community Member

Hi 

Been raising an issue I'm regards of my user name to changed for work so that I can add my bank details but no one is helping out ;

Sheillah N Community Member

My username of upwork doesn't match my bank details 

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Sheillah,

I checked but don't see a name mismatch on your account. Could you please confirm if you're still seeing that notification?

~Andrea
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths