🐈
» Forums » Support » The client refuses to pay
Page options
Community Member

The client refuses to pay

Hello, I am a freelancer who completed an order, but the client refuses to pay, claiming that I didn't meet the deadline and the work wasn't satisfactory.
In the first days of the project, I sent the client the results, which they didn't like, even though I followed the project description. Afterward, I sent additional options, but the client didn't respond for 12 days. Later, the client replied, stating that I missed the deadline, declined the order, and requested to cancel the contract. It seems like the client simply wants to avoid paying me. I kindly ask you to review this contract and provide your conclusions.
Thank you very much.

Contract ID: 35223253

2 REPLIES 2
spectralua
Community Member

Fixed price, prefunded? Use submit milestone then follow dispute rules if opened.

ArjayM

Hi Taras,

I've checked the contract you're referring to and confirmed that you were able to submit the revision your client requested yesterday (06- November). I can also see that you've communicated with the client, and they agreed to process the payment for your effort and the work done for the project.

Also, your client has 14 days from the date you submit work to pay or request changes. If they take no action by Nov 20, the funds held in escrow for this milestone will be automatically released to you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths