🐈
» Forums » Support » The professional purchased on wp work has cau...
Page options
265e17fb
Community Member

The professional purchased on wp work has caused me chaos on my landing page

I sent this message to that person who considers himself a web and graphic programmer professions and I noticed that he has so many hours of work with almost 100% success, but how does he do this success since he failed to make his work?
he changed the password of my bluehost that you can also report him .. Upwork I wonder what you do for this thing that happened? I will have to pay another professional and he will ask me for more money because he has not completed my work and in addition my landing page on chrome and edge on smarphone are different images and settings;
I would like someone in addition to the reimbursement to give me something of money because I will have to pay more to the professional who will go to do this job ...

**edited for Community Guidelines**

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Refund thinking hurts clients.

When a client thinks he can pay money to an underperforming freelancer and then later get that money back if things don't work out perfectly, that is a recipe for disaster and disappointment.

Effective clients do this instead:

Monitor a freelancer's work, especially early on. If you don't love a freelancer's work, fire him. Assign the remaining work on the project to other members of the team. It is FAR SAFER to fire an underperforming freelancer and stop paying him, than to pay him a bunch of money and later try to get that money back.

Cristian:

My advice to you is to stop focusing on one individual freelancer who does not deserve your continued concern and attention. Instead, put yourself and your project first.

The past is the past. You can't achieve your goals if you are focusing on the past.

Your potential customers and site users don't care about that freelancer. They care about what they encounter when they come to your website.

you agree perfectly, I am disappointed but I can say that I have not paid yet, the money that I have advanced will have to wait for the upwork support to deduct if the refund will be made or I will have lost money and it is not the first time;
Unfortunately, I have seen that this professional has done almost 1000 hours with a score of 96% of the work completed successfully and then I have given him full confidence.
you do not imagine when sentences he wrote on the message because he thinks that the work has been done, it is all false.
you can't imagine how nervous I am and how excited I am because they were my money savings ..

I really am sorry that you had a disappointing experience.

You have looked into the profile of that freelancer. You have looked at how many hours of work he has done. You have looked at his job success score.

But none of that matters.

It doesn't matter if the freelancer did a great job for OTHER clients.

What matters is that the freelancer was not a good fit for YOUR project.

Because that freelancer did not do a great job for YOUR project, he is no longer part of YOUR team.

So it is important to completely stop thinking about that freelancer and move forward with your goals for your project.

In the future, when a freelancer is working on YOUR project, don't look at his past history and assume that everything he does will be great. Only look at what a freelancer is doing for YOU.

If you don't like a freelancer's work, then fire the freelancer. No matter how good his past record with other clients is.

I thank you for your life lessons to understand how to behave in case of failure for my work, I will always do it and that the fact that happened will serve as a lesson to me ...

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christian, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with this freelancer. I checked your support ticket and can see that it has already been escalated to the Mediation Team. Please know that the team will need two business days to review your concern, after which they will reach out to you and assist you further. 

Hopefully, this can be resolved amicably with your freelancer. 

~ Avery
Upwork
265e17fb
Community Member

Hi ,ok, I will be happy of your help to solve the problem in the most peaceful way possible and in case of violation of the professionals I hope that you will take note of this negligence .. eliminating forever such professionals ... we private individuals that our job is to we also want to pay a penalty if the person does not behave properly, we users put the money as if it were already paid but I hope that they too will have to set aside the money in case of violation and unsuccessful project as per contract.
they too must have faults because if they declare that they can accept the contract and finish the job professionally and afterwards in fact they are not these people have made us waste time and money;
for me it is fair to us that these people pay the penalty and if they have destroyed a project they will have to pay the economic damage, for example you of up work can hire a SENIOR ask for a quote and make them pay for the project;
this regulation I assume that they will think twice to accept a project ..
please create this regularly for professionals;
it could be an idea to be able to assure us private individuals that we pay them.
thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths