🐈
» Forums » Support » What is the problem?
Page options
Mohamed H Community Member

The "Skills" section of the profile is so buggy.

Hello,

I've been having trouble with the "Skills" section of my profile for the last 3 days, whenever I delete a skill or move it or add a new one and hit "Save", when I refresh the profile nothing is changed! The old skills are still there.

I've tried removing the cache and cookies and still have the same issues.

Also sometimes when I add a new skill it won't even save and it will throw me this error message:

"There was an error loading this page: error [7347f2ac5ad994f4-LIS, 7347f2ac5ad994f4-LIS]. Contact Upwork Support for more information."

mohamedhaddi_0-1659545747417.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Avery O Community Manager

Hi everyone!

We want to confirm that this issue has now been resolved. Kindly clear your browser's cache and cookies and retry adding your skills. If the problem persists, please update this thread by replying to my post so we can assist you further. 

Thank you for your patience, everyone!

~ Avery

View solution in original post

144 REPLIES 144
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Atif,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this known issue has caused you. Rest assured that our team is currently working on resolving this and we'll keep you posted whenever we have updates or if it's been resolved We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Michael C Community Member

I have tried to edit the skills on my profile. It appears to work; but when I refresh it reverts back to what is was prior. Can't seem to locate the support ticket either. I've done it numerous times before; but seems ot have disappeared from Help & Support. 

Any ideas?

Biljana V Community Member

Try cleaning your cookies, a different browser or different device.

Mostafijur R Community Member

I'm trying to add and delete some of the skills listed on my profile, but I keep getting error messages. When I don't get the messages, it updates but then later reverts back to old skills. Must be a technical problem

Michael C Community Member

I've tried all of the above. This has been happening now for weeks. Please fix it.

Allen Glenn C Community Member

I am also still experiencing this bug, I cannot update my skills.

Allen Glenn C Community Member

I am also experiencing this issue, please help. I have a more recent skill to include in my profile.

Saad J Community Member

Hi 

I am not able to update my skills. When I update the skills it shows that failed to update them.

Can you please look into it?

Thank You 

Regards

Saad Jamal

Fleming A Community Member

The skill section is buggy. After selecting my new skills and saving, it goes back to what it initially was after refreshing the page. It's frustrating as many jobs I do require those skills as part of my qualifications 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Fleming,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the challenges while updating your skills. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Fleming A Community Member

The problem still persists 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Fleming,

I moved your post to this thread. Please know that this is a known issue and our engineers are working to resolve it. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

~ Luiggi
Rohit S Community Member

I'm trying to delete and add the skills listed on my profile, but I keep getting error messages and am unable to edit my skills. please fix it.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Rohit,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Iftikhar A Community Member

Hi!

I have tried to update skills in my freelance account. But When I refresh the page, it shows previous skills. I have changed my browser, reinstall Upwork app, clear the catch in the browser. But all in vain

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Iftikhar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Soham K Community Member

I'm also unble to edit or add Speciality skills on my profile 

Eduard D Community Member

Hi, community! I need help.

For 2 days I'm trying to change my skill list, and it's saving without any errors. But, right after refreshing the page, it's returned to the old skill list. I tried clearing cache and cookies and trying another browser (Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge), but nothing changed.

I've seen that someone had the same issues almost 2 months ago, is that still not fixed?

Eduard D Community Member

Also tried the Firefox browser, same.

Abdalazez H Community Member

Hello,

When I'm trying to update my skills on my profile, the skills are updated, but when I refresh the page, it returns them. Any explanation about this?

Thanks

Sohail Abbas A Community Member

Plz save them before you process another page.

Nousherwan M Community Member

Hi there, I do have same issue that I am trying to update my skills but whenever I refresh after updating it disappear, kindly fix the issue.

Abdul Q Community Member

This issue is not resolved yet, even after 55 days.

Shohagh A Community Member

Hello,

I've been having trouble with the "Skills" section of my profile for the last three days. Whenever I delete a skill, move it, or add a new one and hit "Save," when I refresh the profile, nothing changes! The old skills are still there.

I've tried removing the cache and cookies and still have the same issues.

Nimra J Community Member

First I have made a profile of graphic designer and also got responses and done 1 job of graphic designing. After sometime  I changed my profile  to full stack developer as i was more focussed in it but after that I am not recieving any responses from client from so long and I have also spent alot of connects. Can @upwork check is there any problem in my profile.                            Also few  graphic designing skills in my profile are not editing I have attached  the screenshot.                                                                 Thanks..

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths