🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: The "Skills" section of the profile is so...
Page options
mohamedhaddi
Community Member

The "Skills" section of the profile is so buggy.

Hello,

I've been having trouble with the "Skills" section of my profile for the last 3 days, whenever I delete a skill or move it or add a new one and hit "Save", when I refresh the profile nothing is changed! The old skills are still there.

I've tried removing the cache and cookies and still have the same issues.

Also sometimes when I add a new skill it won't even save and it will throw me this error message:

"There was an error loading this page: error [7347f2ac5ad994f4-LIS, 7347f2ac5ad994f4-LIS]. Contact Upwork Support for more information."

mohamedhaddi_0-1659545747417.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone!

We want to confirm that this issue has now been resolved. Kindly clear your browser's cache and cookies and retry adding your skills. If the problem persists, please update this thread by replying to my post so we can assist you further. 

Thank you for your patience, everyone!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

144 REPLIES 144

"Needless to say the information isn't openly available is the point we're trying to address"

No, Thomas said top rated support does not exist, and you agreed -- that's the point I was addressing since it is not true.

tjmisny
Community Member

I tried calling the number two weeks ago to ask about the sales tax implementation and the 2 people I talked to gave me incorrect information.  Just becasue the phone number exists does not mean that a qualified and informed support team exists.  

When I view your profile these are the skills I see:
Screenshot 2022-10-02 at 11-46-47 Michael C. - Expert Web & Mobile Developer Creative UX_UI Designer 13 Years - Upwork Freelancer from Belfast United Kingdom.png

Thanks for looking for me Julie. I've changed them months ago now and they aren't showing what they should be. Even the picture you sent is still incorrect.  

zainkamboh
Community Member

Hey, concerns!

I have been having issues with the Profile Skills section, whenever I update it and wanna Save that, the following error message shows every time.

"There was an error loading this page: error [7543b5094df3d1e0-SEA, 7543b5094df3d1e0-SEA]. Contact Upwork Support for more information."

Is there anyone here who can help with this?

zainkamboh_0-1664780168937.png

d3ee43f7
Community Member

Hi .. I am trying to create new account but stuck at this page for 2 days for now

d3ee43f7_0-1664864876299.png

Hi Ghaffar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
aaticheema
Community Member

The problem of updating skills is solved now on my profile, I think Upwork has fixed the error. now i can update, add or delete my skills in my profile.

naveelshehzad
Community Member

When I am updating skills on my profile. They are showing in random sequences, I am facing this issue for the last few weeks.

defd2369
Community Member

I face the same problem. Then I used Microsoft Edge now its fixed👍

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone!

We want to confirm that this issue has now been resolved. Kindly clear your browser's cache and cookies and retry adding your skills. If the problem persists, please update this thread by replying to my post so we can assist you further. 

Thank you for your patience, everyone!

~ Avery
Upwork
53b0e800
Community Member

It's not working for me. I've already cleaned the cookies and cache but it didn't work.

Hi Renan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
53b0e800
Community Member

It is not working for me... I've tried but it is not adding the JS skill for my profile...

Hi Renan, 

I see that there's already a support ticket regarding your concern. The team followed up with you on your ticket, which you can access here. Feel free to respond to them if you have additional questions or need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2e9e3250
Community Member

Hi LuiggiR,

Could you kindly create a support ticket for me as well? Been having the 'add skill' issue but when I am setting up my profile.

Can you do it?

Thank you! 

Hi Leandro Atherino,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties setting up your profile. Could you please share more details about the issue you're experiencing when trying to add skills to your profile? Sharing a screenshot of what you can see from your end would be extremely helpful so we can assist you more efficiently.

We're looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2e9e3250
Community Member

Hi i need a support ticket

Its my second message 

Please help!!!

Hi Leandro, 

Could you please share a screenshot along with more information about the issue you are experiencing so that we can assist you accordingly or connect you with the appropriate team? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
639cc3ef
Community Member

Hello,

I have been having the problem with the skill part of my profile. whenever I try to edit it won't change. I have deleted cookies and cache but  it doesn't change.

Thanks.

Hi Avery,

Its Feb 2024 and I am having this issue. I would like to update my skills tag. I already did clear cache and cookies but I don't have any other browser so I haven't tried that resolution. Can you help me out?

1ef4ee6e
Community Member

Heya! 

I am on the app, and ai am having this issue. Can I have help please? 

Hi Elyssa,

Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork
e2944dbf
Community Member

Hi, I've just created my profile and while the skills portion let me add maximum 15 skills earlier, it only lets me add 10 now. What's the way to add 15 skills to the section?

e2944dbf_1-1681079566810.png

334696b7
Community Member

Hi, I am new to upwork.  I am so happy to see that it's not "just me" that's having issues with the SKILLS section of my profile.  I have tried clearing the cookies, but the issue still persists.  I would appreciate some assistance.  Thank you so much!  😊

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths