🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to add local bank account
Page options
Ruiyu L Community Member

Unable to add local bank account

Hi,

I am a freelancer from Canada. I can't enter my local bank information to get paid. When I try to enter the institution number and transit number, it didn't gave me the option to go to next page. I checked my bank information for many times, and I am pretty sure everything is right! Please help me to set-up my payment detail. 

Thanks,

Ruiyu

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Gulnihal,

We’ve designed the process of Adding a Direct to Local Bank payment method to be as straightforward as possible. To add your bank account: 

1. Go to Settings  Get Paid
  2. Click Add Method
  3. Click the Set Up button for your chosen method
  4. Enter your bank account details, including bank codes
  5. Choose a payment schedule and click Next

Important things to know:

• For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days.
  • Check that the name on your bank account matches your verified name on Upwork. If your payment method was flagged for a name mismatch, please contact support to resolve the issue or add a new payment method.
  • You should also contact your bank if you're not sure you have the correct information, or if you received an error when you tried to enter it into our system.
  • Upwork charges $0.99 per Direct to Local Bank withdrawal. Any additional restrictions, timing regulations, and fees vary depending on your bank.
  • Be sure that you enter your bank information, including bank codes, correctly. We want you to get your money on schedule and any errors could result in a failed transfer or delay. If you've exceeded the character limit on the Name on Account field, please contact your bank to get an appropriate abbreviation.
    • Since some banks aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case, you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the bank code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Anamika,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the IFSC codes. Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct IFSC code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab.

Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Nikola
Pavit Teg Bir S Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

Can someone please get in touch for adding bank account details? I have tried 3 IFSC codes for 3 different banks but each time it is saying bank not found. 

Please do something!

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Pavit,

Have you checked with your banks regarding the correct IFSC code? They should be able to help you out with that!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes I have. All are valid and working codes. Can you please ask someone from upwork team to check the issue

Please connect me with someone

Hi Pavit,

Could you please try to enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option? On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. 

Please check this help article for more information about the correct format of bank codes.

~Andrea

Hi,

I already tried that but in vain. Thats why asking if someone can help. All three bank accounts are active and working. 

Thanks for confirming this, Pavit! Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Divyansh S Community Member

Hi. I’m from India and I’m trying to add a local bank account but whenever I add the IFSC code it says that bank can not be found contact support. I am 100% sure that the banking code is correct and there is something wrong at Upwork’s end. The bank is ICICI bank which is a national bank here in India
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Divyansh,

I checked and it looks like you were able to add your bank account information. Could you please clarify if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola

I have added using the search bank feature. But I’m not sure if it will go to the correct IFSC code because each city has 2-3 branches of bank with different codes.
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Divyansh, 

Each bank's individual branch has its own IFSC, so check with your bank to make sure you use the correct code. If you provide us with the IFSC of your bank's head office, your payment will get routed from it to your branch based on your account number and account holder information. However, this extra step might result in a delay in receiving your funds, so we encourage you to make sure you provide us with your correct branch IFSC.

You have added 2 new payment methods  (Direct to Local Bank) just recently. Once the three-day security period is over, and there are no issues with your bank account information, you should be able to start using this payment method to withdraw your earnings on Upwork. 

~ Avery

I have got the IFSC but Upwork doesn’t recognise it. That’s the problem!
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Divyansh, 

I cross-checked the information on your account and the information I found on ICIC Bank's website. While I cannot share your bank account details for privacy reasons, I can confirm that the information on the bank's website and your Upwork account match. If you believe that the information is wrong, you may remove it and re-add the same bank account. I would definitely recommend that you double-check your bank's information on ICIC Bank's website for the correct information. 

~ Avery
Anuj R Community Member

Hi Avery,

I have entered correct IFSC code but upwork always shows that bank not found. I have checked the IFSC code correctly and found that it's correct and I also tried to entered branch address manually but I didn't get any help. I hope that I can get help from you.

~Anuj

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Anuj,

Could you please try to enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option? On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. 

Please check this help article for more information about the correct format of bank codes. Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Nikola
Vinoth K Community Member

Hi,

I’m Vinoth from India and I’m trying to add a local bank account but whenever I add the IFSC code it says that bank can not be found contact support. I am sure that the banking code is correct and there is something wrong at Upwork’s end. The bank is AXIS bank which is a national bank here in India. The IFSC Code is UTIB0002986 which is correct and could not enter in upworks.

Can you please assist me here? Waiting for your valuable response.

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Vinoth,

Could you try to add your payment manually by clicking on the hyper link on the window where you're adding your bank code? Thank you. 

~ Goran
Upwork
Vinoth K Community Member

Hi Goran,

I  could enter the bank details manually and update. However i am getting the following error.

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

As it is the current account in the name of the comapny account that i own. Please help to resolve this issue

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Vinoth,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Parth R Community Member

My Bank IFSC code is KKBK0002862.

I am not able to find bank details.pls, help as soon as possible. 

Hi Parth, please check this help article for more information about the correct format of bank codes. That said, since some banks that aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

~Andrea
Karan M Community Member

I am facing the same issue. please help

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Karan,

Could you please follow the steps Andrea shared in her post below:

• please check this help article for more information about the correct format of bank codes. That said, since some banks that aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

If you're still experiencing any problems after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Vikrant N Community Member

Hi, 

when setting up my profile I am entering my IFSC code but the upwork is showing that it can not found the bank.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths