🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to add/use payment method
Page options
Hassan W Community Member

Unable to add/use payment method

Hi, Upwork can't accept my credit card for some reason, it keeps on declining it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Hassan

In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, you can contact support by:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,226 REPLIES 1,226
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Salim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Ignacio B Community Member

Hey Goran,

I'm having this problema with my clients, all their cards get rejected. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Jing L Community Member

Hi, 

Im having the same issue. It says Charge Failed. I tried two different methods, Mastercard and Paypal.I have sufficient funds in my Mastercard and Paypal.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Jing,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Carmen G Community Member

I also have the same problem.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Carmen,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble using your billing methods. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Alice T Community Member

I have the same problem! With 2 different cards

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Alice,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Soufiane I Community Member

Hi nikolas ;

Please can you help me , i can fix the problem and i can't pay my freelancers .

i posted in community platform my problem. 

This is the link : 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Charge-Failed-Billing-problem/m-p/1243582#M90333

Thank you ! 

Best regards !

Jaguar S Community Member

This is happening with me too..idk why but my ViSA has enough limit to cover 50 dollars..but still charge failed and "invalid billing method" at top. Please help. Have to pay some freelancer.

The automated help system on this platform is just pathetic...guys please help me out..have to pay a freelancer. And idk how or from where to reach you.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Jaguar,

Thank you for your message. Could you please contact your card issuing bank to check if the international transactions are enabled on your card? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Yes they are enabled...I use it for many overseas payment..plus I paid on upwork too recently..twice..

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Jaguar,

Thank you for responding. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Britney S Community Member

Charge failed - Somehow sometimes I can't make payment. Can you please review my account. Thanks

Hi Britney,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

~ AJ
Upwork
Salim A Community Member

I have also the same problem just happen today in the afternoon can someone help me. I have ajusted the limits of my cards today but it still shows me charge failed

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Salim,

In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. If the issue persists after checking with your bank, you may reach out to us again so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Salim A Community Member

Hey luigi I have talked to my bank yesterday and I still can't pay my freelancers. What should I do?

Hi Salim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Yuliia C Community Member

I'm having the same issue, I attempt to hire a person and reserve a payment from my primary billing method. Keep getting the 'charge failed' error. Please assist. 

Salim A Community Member

I have the same problem how can I fix please ?

Andrea G Community Manager

~Andrea
Hugh D Community Member

I have the same problem. I want to hire people, but it keeps showing "Charge failed". Two different credit card have same problem. 

Asvindra R Community Member

Try with another one.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths