🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I cannot withdraw money to PayPal
Page options
Mirza M Community Member

Unable to apply funds. Paypal.

Hello, as you see, i have problem with getting paid. Everytime i try to withdraw founds, i got this mail:

Hi Mirza,

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Can you please help me, 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Andrey,

In general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

532 REPLIES 532
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Alladin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Wafaa A Community Member

I always get that: charge failed. I'm trying to add PayPal account. I don't have a card in this account it's from PayPal balance directly. The account is verified on PayPal.

I have a support ticket that is open and I get no replies.

I need to pay for this urgently.

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Wafaa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will follow up with you via the support ticket that you have to assist you further. You can access your support ticket here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Karen S Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem, my payment to PayPal account has been rejected. Can anyone help me?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Karen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Vladimir S Community Member

Hello, I have the same issue. Could you please help me?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Sergii P Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello, can you tell me please the reason why this happened?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Sergii,

~ Nikola
Rami B Community Member

This is not my first time placing a withdrawal on Upwork but it's the first time happening to me, I got a message in my email saying my payment has been rejected.

I really need help.

Thank you.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Rami,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your payment. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Marta K Community Member

Hello, I just have the same problem. Can you help me to fix it?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Marta,

~ Nikola
Tigran Z Community Member

Hello, I have the same problem. Can you help me?

Hi Tigran,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Mohamed Y Community Member

Hello, I have the same problem. Can you help me?

Hi Mohamed,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Rabia W Community Member

Hello how are you?
I had a contract with an organization and I finished work, but they told me it was a portal opening phone that sent me the payment. How do you see this?

Olha B Community Member

I have funds withdrawing problem: Unable to apply funds. Sending via Paypal

Can you help me please?

Thank you!

Mrittika M Community Member

Did you set up a payment method while creating the Upwork Profile?

If not you can go to profile settings to add a method. 

On the menu on the left side choose option 'Get Paid'

On this page, you will find a title- 'Payment Methods'

Click the 'Add Method' button to proceed. On the next page, you can add your paypal email id. After saving a payment method, you must wait for their approval (usually 48 hours). 

After that you can start withdrawing funds from the Reports page. 

Click on 'Available' option. You will see the 'Get Paid Now' button. click on it to withdraw the available funds in your account.  

Olha B Community Member

Hello, Mrittika!
Yes, I've added PayPal to my account and successfully verified it. It still doesn't work, unfortunately, I have the same problem

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Olha,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Azizjon J Community Member

I am getting the same error.

The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

Please help.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Azizjon,

Thank you for your message. Please contact Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account and try initiating the fund withdrawal once the issue is resolved by Paypal support.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Mykola L Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue "Unable to apply funds" from Upwork to PayPal. 

It is just return back to account. How can I withdraw my funds via PayPal?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths