🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to apply funds. Paypal.
Page options
Mirza M Community Member

Unable to apply funds. Paypal.

Hello, as you see, i have problem with getting paid. Everytime i try to withdraw founds, i got this mail:

Hi Mirza,

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Can you please help me, 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Andrey,

In general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

529 REPLIES 529
Sapor D Community Member

Hello, i am experiencing the same problem. I tried to withdraw twice and it keeps saying "unable to apply funds".  Is there a way to fix this? 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sapor,

Thank you for your message. Could you please contact Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Sapor D Community Member

There seems to be nothing wrong with my account. it is verified and activated. i have tried sending payment to Philippines and it worked. But i am still unable to withdraw money from upwork to paypal.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sapoor,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that you have re-added your Paypal now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Sapor D Community Member

I just re-added it again and tried to withdraw but it still doesnt work. Same reason "unable to apply funds." 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sapor,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Patrick T Community Member

My payment keeps getting rejected even when my Linked Paypal Account isverified and I even use the same email for both Paypal and Upwork? I've contcated Paypal support and my account is active and has no issues

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Patrick T Community Member

But it's been over 48 hours and there's still been no response/resolution

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Patrick,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
Nick K Community Member

Hey, have same problem, can I resolve it somehow?

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Nick,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
Ivan K Community Member

Hello guys, I'm trying to withdraw the funds to my Ukrainian PayPal account but the withdrawals are getting rejected with the following fund:  Unable To Apply funds

Please help me, I'm emergency situation and I don't have 3 extra-days to add an alternate payment method and re-activate it. My PayPal account is verified and registered to the same name as my Upwork 😞

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Kate I Community Member

I have the same problem 😞

Tried twice.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Kate,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Ekaphonh B Community Member

I have the same problem, getting rejected with : unable to apply fund . please help me

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Ekaphonh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Evhenii K Community Member

Hi, I am faced on issues when I withdraw money to Paypal.

I thought that's Because I am from Ukraine. So I created new Payoneer account and connected it to Upwork.

Do you think it works? thanks.

Anand S Community Member

Hi , 

I am also having the same problem. Unable to apply funds  whenever i try to withdraw using paypal. Can i get some help with it ... 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Anand,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Mohamed Akram L Community Member

Unable to apply funds to my PayPal account, despite doing it multiple times before.

Please help. Freelancing is my only source of income.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Mohamed,

I am sorry to hear about your fund withdrawal. Could you please contact Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account? You can try initiating the fund withdrawal after the issue is resolved with your Paypal account or add a different payment method.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Mohamed Akram L Community Member

Hello,

thank for you for your concern. Indeed, I have checked my PayPal account and there is nothing with it. My account status is perfectly valid. Plus, I get the "Unable to apply funds" email instantly as I make the transfer. If the issue stemmed from PayPal, it would have taken some hours to process the transaction.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths