🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to install App on windows 10. Error: I...
Page options
cheenyca
Community Member

Unable to install App on windows 10. Error: Internal Upwork Error

Hi, I am unable to install the upwork tracker app on windows 10. It automatically closes. I tried all basic ts - restarted pc / uninstalled and reinstalled app / tried all 4 different versions of the windows and I still cant seem to successfully install the app.

Error message: Upwork is running, Click OK to close it.  

Next error message: Upwork has encountered a problem and needs to close. Would you like to restart?

please help. thank you

14 REPLIES 14
ArjayM

Hi Cheenyca,

I have escalated your report to the relevant team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. Kindly expect an update on this page once your case has been fully reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
dawncastro08
Community Member

Was your issue resolved? I have the same Issue.

UW Error .png

UW Error2.png

  

Hi Dawn Marie,

For us to properly isolate the issue, please try to perform these troubleshooting steps and let me know once you are done and what the result is so we can further check and help you.

1.) Please uninstall all instances of the Upwork Tracker Application on your device.
If you are seeing two Upwork Tracker Apps, uninstall them both.
2.)Delete all Upwork Folders from the given paths below.
* Make sure you have no Hidden Folders > Open Documents Folder and set this.
* Check and delete all "Upwork" folders from the following paths:a: C:\Program Files
b: C:\Program Files (x86)
c: C:\Users\Your Profile\AppData\Local
3.) Delete any Upwork installers from your Downloads folder
4.) Restart your PC/Device
5.)Once the system is up, connect to your Internet source and test connectivity (you can visit any web page)
6.) Install the Upwork Desktop App here.
7.) Once the installation is done. Allow the system around five minutes, then launch the Upwork Tracker and sign in

You may learn more about troubleshooting your Upwork Desktop App in this help articleLooking forward to your update. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
ef2c45a3
Community Member

Hello, I'm currently experiencing the same problem and I've tried the troubleshooting steps you've provided. None works so far. I have a Windows 10 computer with a 64-bit operating system and 55gb free space, which should be compatible and enough for the application. What could possibly be the problem?

Hi, have you solved this problem already? May I inquire as to how you solved it? Thank you.

I'm having the same error. Was your issue resolved?

error.jpg

Hi Ma. Robina,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while installing the Upwork Desktop App. Could you please follow the steps listed by Arjay above to check if that helps? Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi PradeepH, 

I already done all trouble shoot but same error, followed Arjay instruction still the same. I have two upwork tracker installed laptop works fine, but my desktop have the same error. 

Hi Ma, Robina,

Thanks for coming back here to provide an update. My name is Joanne, and I'm here to assist you on behalf of Pradeep. We're sorry to hear that it is still not working. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Will wait for someone to help me furhter. Thank you for the response.

filmiya
Community Member

I had an installation failure as well onMicrosoft Windows 10 Pro, 10.0.19045 Build 19045. n my case, the Install does not complete in that there is no acknowledgement as such. It does show as being installed in the Add and Remove Programs. Also, the upwrk GUI does not display. Restarting the PC, uninstalling upwork and reinstalling Upwork results in the same issue.

Hi Piyush,

I am sorry to hear about the issue while installing the Upwork Desktop App. Could you please try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following the ''How do I report a problem?'' section of the previously shared Troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
filmiya
Community Member

Clearing the cache as desrcibed in the help article allowed me tp get past the issue. Thank you for the support. 

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved now, Piyush. Feel free to message us if you need assistance in the future.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths