🐈
» Forums » Support » Unauthorized refund
Page options
ngwakwa1
Community Member

Unauthorized refund

Hello, 

had a contract with a client and the client was suspended and received an email of payment protection from upwork but today i have found a refund authorized on my available balance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Interesting that you would be hired for such a high-budget project involving graphic design, when you have no design samples in your portfolio nor any previous projects in this field. 

Anyway, since this was a fixed price project, you don't have payment protection if the client did a chargeback through their bank. But if this was a mistake - you say in another post that your client was happy with your work and didn't request a refund - then you should message him and tell him to fix this. Upwork doesn't just reverse payments for no reason.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Upwork just does it, they don't ask you or require you to authorize it. If you used the time tracker, Upwork should pay you. Don;t know how long that takes to happen though.

And I even received the message that everything is under protection but now i see a refund 

Then you should open a support ticket to find out why they did that.

It's pretty easy to figure out what happened from looking at his profile. Also, he didn't use the tracker - it was fixed price. 

Aha.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Is this the project where you earned $2,330 in 5 days? Nearly all of your other projects paid less than $100. So that was 66 hours at your current hourly rate of £35, yes? What did the job involve, that you needed to work so many hours in such a short amount of time?

Also, I notice that you charged between $3.75 and $12 per hour for all of your other jobs. When did you raise your profile rate to $35?

The Job involved preparations of contents and marketing research, also different 5 graphics designs....i change the hourly rate on different times so that one i changed last week

Interesting that you would be hired for such a high-budget project involving graphic design, when you have no design samples in your portfolio nor any previous projects in this field. 

Anyway, since this was a fixed price project, you don't have payment protection if the client did a chargeback through their bank. But if this was a mistake - you say in another post that your client was happy with your work and didn't request a refund - then you should message him and tell him to fix this. Upwork doesn't just reverse payments for no reason.

Thank you so much, so this negative payment i need to repay it?

How come I have negative balance in my account? I completed the work, get the money credited and suddenly my account shows negative balance of 2330 dollars. This is very frustrating, and i can even commit suicide  for this i did all the work for days and now a negative and it means I will not get paid for any work I do? Please help

You already have an open thread about this. Why start another one? I asked you some questions which you haven't answered, so it's difficult to advise you.

It was required to be down the other thread but I didn't know how to put

Yes, you do.

Yes, you have to repay it. And if Upwork suspects that you violated the terms of service, you could lose your account.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths