🐈
» Forums » Support » Updating my location
Page options
khalaf-mona
Community Member

Updating my location

Hello there

I was living in Saudi Arabia and I moved to the US. I'm trying to update my location, but it requires I provide my w9- tax information which I did, and all the sections under the billing and tax information are marked completed. It is not updating the location information and keeps on showing the same message that I need to provide tax information!!

I appreciate your help guys and thanks.

Mona 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Mona,

I took a closer look at your Tax Information and can confirm that you've selected the "I am a non U.S. person" instead of the "I am a U.S. person" option. That said, you've completed the W-8 form instead of the W-9. Please remember that If you are a U.S person, you need to file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You may check this screenshot for your reference.

You may also update your address on your profile afterward. You may also check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ArjayM

Hi Mona,

I took a closer look at your Tax Information and can confirm that you've selected the "I am a non U.S. person" instead of the "I am a U.S. person" option. That said, you've completed the W-8 form instead of the W-9. Please remember that If you are a U.S person, you need to file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You may check this screenshot for your reference.

You may also update your address on your profile afterward. You may also check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Amazing Arjay! 

Thank you so much for replying to this. It has been resolved and I was able to change my location.

Thanks,

Mona 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths