🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork Chargeback Department
Page options
helooleh
Community Member

Upwork Chargeback Department

Hi, i did the job and sent it to the client, but the client took the money from my account. My contract has been suspended. Can you tell me how things are going to solve this issue? Oleg

**Edited for community guidelines**

16 REPLIES 16
helooleh
Community Member

Maybe someone faced such a problem that I will describe. A client approached me with a proposal to draw two portraits for him and we agreed with him for a certain amount. I accepted his offer and he made a payment to the site. I started working and made him the first portrait that he liked and he released a payment that I could withdraw but I kept it on the page. After that, I sent him the work and after I sent him the work, he turned to his bank for a refund of the payment and I left without money and I gave him the work. I contacted the Upwork service for help, but I never received a normal answer, maybe I misunderstood, but the essence remains the same, I did everything according to the upwork instructions and did not receive payment, although the site guarantees payment. If the site cannot guarantee payment and the client can collect money through his bank for the work done, what is the point of contracts? Maybe someone has the same problem and how it can be solved, as it calls into question the whole work. Oleg

**Edited for community guidelines**

Upwork DOES NOT guarantee payment unless you use the time-tracker 100% correctly. You enter into other types of contracts at your own risk.

This is fixed-price contract

Then you are not protected and will get no money.

do you mean that a fixed-price contract does not protect money?

It does not.

Sir i have the same issue. I have provided client with the required work.i burnt midnight oil to complete the articles. She also approved my work but now i got an email of chargeback.i am so disappointed right now for what she has done

it's just that this way can be used for free work, and so far I can't figure out what to do

Yes, it can. And there is nothing you can do.

but Upwork collected 20 % for the first  500$  what is the point in this contract if there is no protection?

You guys are cheated.  Upwork as a general rule has decided not to dispute a chargeback  - it doesn't cost them anything they get their money from poor freelancing slobs.

I has initiated a chargeback for some personal training.  However due to the pandemic those training didn't happen.  I had to fill out a lengthy form and the merchant had to approve the refund. Here, the decision is made never to dispute a charback

I am not a poor freelancing slob. I did work and sent work to clients. Hi ask me that my work is great . I have conversations. I still can’t understand exactly, if there is no guarantee of payment, then what is the point in these fixed contracts?

JoanneP

Hi Oleh,

I checked your account and see that you already have an open ticket regarding your concern. You can access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork

I can see my ticket solved.i still have risk of holding my account or any hindrance in it?

helooleh
Community Member

I have seen it. This means that on our site the contract does not guarantee the payment of money. My question is how to work in this case? I send the work to the client and he demands a refund from the bank? I am left without money. This is a scam scheme. I have always been sure that I pay 20% for a guarantee of receiving money . But I was deceived here, do I understand this correctly?  

helooleh
Community Member

Or should I just use hourly pay?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths