🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork client account
Page options
c57b9171
Community Member

Upwork client account

A client reached me on my message and wanted to hire me when I sent him the offer it showed his account was suspended he then asked me to send an offer to his other account. My question is if I send him an offer to his other account will Upwork have some issues regarding agreement ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Asad,

Our recommendation for freelancers is to halt their work with the client in case of account suspension, and wait until their account is reactivated. Upwork prohibits users from creating a new account if their previous account is suspended. Contacting a suspended client through a new account or directly outside of Upwork may expose you to risks of fraud and nonpayment. You can refer to this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Asad,

Our recommendation for freelancers is to halt their work with the client in case of account suspension, and wait until their account is reactivated. Upwork prohibits users from creating a new account if their previous account is suspended. Contacting a suspended client through a new account or directly outside of Upwork may expose you to risks of fraud and nonpayment. You can refer to this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths