๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป Re: Upwork has detected a potential risk with...
Page options
Aleksandr S Community Member

Upwork has detected a potential risk with the content of this message.

**Edited for community guidelines**

I need to send a message to my client. I can send it to a mod. I need to know what caused this.

Btw, you gave a good reason to abandon Upwork messages

20 REPLIES 20
Valeria K Community Member

Hi Aleksandr,

Sorry it caused you any inconvenience. Generally, links and files are blocked when they are determined to be unsafe for the platform and users. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you with more information. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Gary B Community Member

It happens to me all the time with a long standing client, so there are no issues but it severely effects the job process, both my clients and my attachments keep getting blocked

Aleksandr S Community Member

Found out that Upwork blacklists all the executables on dropbox. If it's your case, password-protected archives may help.

Vivian Chiemi T Community Member

I recently have the same problem. I usually send the same links and never has this problem before.

MD Rabiul I Community Member

Same problem to me.

Iqra N Community Member

Upwork has detected a potential risk with the content of my client's messages while giving him an interview. My financial account is suspended too. Please help me fix this issue. Thanks

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Iqra,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial account. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Hello Pradeep, I am suffering from the same problems. I have got an invitation from Upwork where client who wants a video about myself. I have created a video and when I upload the video directly I see the video size was too large so I can not upload it from Upwork. So, I uploaded the video on YouTube and shared the video link in the Invitation acceptance letter. But I can not send the message it shows "Upwork has detected a potential risk with the content of this message." What can I do for that? Thank you!

Please let me know whether it's a new rule on Upwork to not share any link? However, it was a client requirement to send a video about myself.  If it's an Upwork rule then I never share any link in the future. Thank you!

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi MD Rabiul,

Weโ€™ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Okay,  Thank you so much! 

Sameera R Community Member

Hello UpWork Team,

I got the message saying "Upwork has detected a potential risk with the content of this message".

Will UpWork Customer Service contact me & solve this.

Thanks 

Sameera

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Sameera,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Sara A Community Member

Hello UpWork Team,

I got the message saying "Upwork has detected a potential risk with the content of this message".

Will UpWork Customer Service contact me & solve this.

Thanks 

Sara

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Sara,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
DA T Community Member

Same here. Could someone help me?

Rengie W Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

I got the same message saying "Upwork has detected a potential risk with the content of this message." from a new client.  Could someone help solve this?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Rengie,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Weโ€™ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Pratyush G Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

I got the same warning "Upwork has detected a potential risk with the content of this message." from a new client.  I have shared my email (For the site login access) and accepted the offer at the same time. Someone please help me to solve this.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Pratyush,

Iโ€™m sorry to hear about the inconvenience you faced with the blocked message. I understand your frustration.   

Your message was blocked due to Upworkโ€™s security measures to help maintain a secure environment for all users by ensuring that all communications occur within the platform before the contract is in place. If you already have contract in place and want to share your contract information with your client, I recommend doing so on the same thread where the contract was accepted.

If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please let us know. Weโ€™re here to help!

- Pradeep

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths