🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork policy discriminates against unmarried...
Page options
codelooperfiji
Community Member

Upwork policy discriminates against unmarried couples

Please reconsider your discriminatory laws. I am unable to add myself as a beneficiary on my defacto partner(6 years account). The country we live in will only allow married couples to do so. You are not giving me any alternative to verify. My mother just died and you are causing me undue stress. Why are you not providing me any alternative to verify? I have been receiving money in the same way for several years without any issues until now.

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Brian,

Your verified name must match the name on any bank accounts or payment methods you intend to use, including any middle names, family names, or special characters. You must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on the chosen account, or be able to demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. You may want to read this help article for more information. 

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents has updated your ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Do the same rules that apply to a business, apply to an individual account. Because I am able to demonstrate thay I have permission to do so. Or do I need to open up a businees account? Then what exactly do you mean by demonstrate that I am authorized. Could you please elaborate on that. I do have a ticket currently open but any further elaboration would be appreciated. I am just being told to read the terms of service but this is quite a specialized case and I have the ability to prove that I have permision by the account holder. I have received funds directly into this account from previous freelance work for several years.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your message. I understand your concern and I am sorry to hear about your recent experience. Our team may reach out to you to request additional information to confirm you are an authorized signer on the chosen account. 

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths