🐈
» Forums » Support » VAT gets rejected due to VAT exempt
Page options
lecianne
Community Member

VAT gets rejected due to VAT exempt

Hi all,

I'm facing an issue with my VAT number and the support bot nor emailing Upwork has not helped out at this, so I'm hoping that maybe someone else might have had the same issue. 

I have a VAT number for my company, but since I am VAT exempt at the moment, it's not visible at valid on the VIES listing - I just confirmed this today from the local authorities that is the reason for it showing as if it wouldn't be active. When I try to add my VAT number on my profile, it keeps getting rejected, I guess due to the VIES issue. So the local authorities adviced  me to send the VAT certificate for Upwork to prove that I am registered for VAT and I am allowed to make business within EU out of the country my company is registered at. 

Here comes the issue. How can I get this done with Upwork? Since they don't provide any alternative ways of proofing this except giving the VAT number on the profile, and at least when I replied to that support email, or when I left feedback on the article that is about VAT, no one came back to me. Has anyone else faced this?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Hannele,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths