🐈
» Forums » Support » Virtual Community Hour
Page options
the3dguru
Community Member

Virtual Community Hour

Upwork keeps inviting me to all sort of talks and meetups. I've considered a few of them but every time I start the process I stop at the uneccesary account creation. I already have an Upwork account and a community account, why do I need yet another account to attend an Upwork Community hour?

Whats worse is that the system behind these meeting keeps changing. If I'd created every account that got me into some virtual Upwork chat, or other feature, I'd have a long chain of unused accounts. We already have accounts with Upwork so why make us waste our time creating pointless accounts that most of us don't even want. Is it really just about the metrics on the other sites?

5 REPLIES 5
ArjayM

Hi Steven,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Please let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
the3dguru
Community Member

I don't follow how can you not replicate the issue? It's made to be that way by Upwork.

Go to this link, click the RSVP button and it will ask you to make another account.

https://events.upwork.com/events/details/upwork-community-communal-events-presents-upwork-virtual-co...

Hi Steven,

Thank you for reaching out. I did the following: logged in and clicked the RSVP button and got this confirmation:

759e32fa_0-1677601268853.png

Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to be investigated further?
  • Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork

Have you registered for one of these events before? Do you already have the extra account?

The domain is events.upwork.com rather than upwork.com or community.upwork.com

If I go to that page now, I can't RSVP but it shows a login link. If I try to login with my Upwork account, it won't accept it. This is even though I'm logged in to both community and upwork itself, in the same browser.

Hi Steven,

We truly appreciate you following up on this and we sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. We understand that having to log in isn't a desirable experience. Please note that we use a third-party platform to host our community events so that we could provide the best experience during these events. That said, we are planning to streamline the experience in the future and appreciate your feedback.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths