๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป I cant find any links to do my visual verific...
Page options
Eduardo P Community Member

Visual verification

My laptop doesnโ€™t have a camera. And would like to finish the verification process. Is there a way for me to complete this process via mobile phone?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Kori,

Some freelancers will be eligible for digital photo verification in place of a video call. To complete digital photo, or "selfie" verification, you'll be asked to take a photo of yourself on your computer or mobile device. If you run into any issues with your Browser Settings for Visual Verification you can check this help article. For any other issues, please reach out to our support team. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Centerโ€™s navigation bar and select the โ€œContact Supportโ€ option.
  2. Choose the โ€œChat with Upworkโ€ option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click โ€œSend.โ€ The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

532 REPLIES 532
Cheryl M Community Member

Hello, I was trying to take a selfie with my ID for verification and your system took the photo before I finished. Iโ€™m afraid of the verification getting denied because the photo was taken before I was ready. Therefore I need a way to redo the selfie ID verification. I am trying to avoid my account being locked or on hold. Thank you.

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Cheryl M Community Member

Thank you.

Antara D Community Member

I do not understand what is wrong. I submitted my visual identification 4 days ago but nothing happened since. I also can not change my profile picture. What should I do?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Antara,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked and it looks like you've already completed the verification process. If you're still getting a notification on your end saying that it's pending, please try clearing your browser cache and cookies or checking from a different browser. Don't hesitate to let us know if the problem persists so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Alexander O Community Member

I received a message that I need to pass verification.
1 - I uploaded a passport photo. (OK)
2 - it was necessary to pass Visual verification, and here there were problems.
I don't have a webcam and I tried it with a tablet.
received an SMS with a link, followed the link, but the camera did not turn on and an error message appeared.
I tried again to receive SMS and again the camera did not turn on and an error appeared.

I read help:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001041367-Visual-Verification
and see:

Screenshot_1.png

But on the settings page https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/ i see:

Screenshot_2.png

If I need to communicate with an agent, but I do not speak English. Only Russian.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Alexander,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. I've notified the team regarding your concern and a Customer Support team member will be reaching out to you soon via a support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
El L Community Member

Hello,

I submitted my upwork ID and Selfie four days ago and until now, my identity hasn't been verified. My account will be placed on hold tomorrow. Please I need your help.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Nsah,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Joseph O Community Member

Greetings!

I tried to do my identity verification today. After submitting the government-issued ID as requested, I proceeded to do the visual verification.

The network was very bad so the text message link never arrived. I wanted back and saw a message saying I could continue later by clicking on the link displayed on my profile.

THE PROBLEM NOW IS THAT I CAN'T FIND ANY LINK TO CLICK.

Kindly assist me ASAP. Thanks.

Greetings. Kindly assist. I was requested to do identity verification on my profile. The network was very bad, After submitting my government-issued ID, I proceeded to do the visual verification. 

I opted for a mobile phone and a link was sent to my phone but I never got it. I tried again severally but it didn't come.  I then went back, hoping to complete the process later. 

Now the network is restored, I can't find the link to do the visual verification. I can't open a ticket with support. Kindly help me ASAP. I have a contract I really do not want to end. PLEASE. THANKS. 

PLEASE NOTE THAT TOMORROW IS THE DEADLINE FOR IDENTITY VERIFICATION.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Joseph,

I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of the members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page and you can definitely communicate with the team if you have questions or clarifications.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Nafla N Community Member

Hi, Upwork asked me to verify ID and when I try to do Visual verification using a webcam it shows 'face not detected' and when using the phone and trying to go to the link it shows '404 page not found. so I tried several times and now it does not allow me to add visual verification. what should I do now? 

Visual verification . what should I want to do?

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Nafia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try speaking with an agent? You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an agent button like this.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork
Barbara B Community Member

When I tried to submit my first proposal I got this error message:   "We are unable to complete ID verification at this time."  I've spent 45 minutes trying to find the place to enter my US drivers license.  I cannot.

Can someone help me?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Barbara,

I checked, and it looks like your ID verification has been completed as confirmed by our team on your ticket here. I saw that you have a follow-up question on the same ticket. Please allow time for our team to check and update you directly to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Anatoly M Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to complete the step 3 of verification, where I have to take a selfie.

I tried to send SMS with link several times, each link leads to the Page that does not exist.

I tried scanning QR code from smartphone, it prompted me to login and then to โ€œposition my face on the next screen and smileโ€, but on that next screen it said that there is a technical issue.

I tried PC with external web cam and a laptop with integrated webcam - both lead to a message that Upwork has problems with it (please see attached screenshot).

I also sent a message to Support and got a reply that it will be processed within 24-48 hours a few days ago, and I'm still waiting for a reply.

Can I simply send you my selfie with my passport next to my face? As it seems there is no other way I can complete this third step.

This is frustrating. Please help me, as I don't want my account to be suspended especially now when I'm only starting on Upwork. The verification is supposed to be completed until Sep 5.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Anatoly

Hi Anatoly,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Jay U Community Member

I am unable to work because I am being prompted to verify my ID, and every time I try it says "Upload error. Only images can be selected". I am using the right image guidelines, I have deleted my cache and tried multiple different browsers. I have tried and waited, this problem has been going on for a week now, I am unable to work, even though I already verified my ID a few days ago, I am still being asked to do it again, and it isn't letting me upload the image.

Hi Jay,

I checked and it looks like you already have your ID Verification badge on your profile! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Jay U Community Member

My issue has nothing to do with a verification badge. I have already verified my identity, and everytime I try to submit a proposal I am asked to verify my ID. I try to verify but it doesn't let me upload an image of my license.. Please read my text this time.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Jay,

I'll have one of the team members reach out with further assistance on how we can resolve the issue. Kindly expect an update here with a support ticket once your account has been fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Bennett O Community Member

I am trying to do the visual verification after submitting my Government approved voter's card. I chose selfie option and a link was sent to my phone number, on clicking the link I was told the page was unavailable. Now I have tried going back to the verification page on Upwork to continue my verification but I can't find the links to do visual verification.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Bennett,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your verification process and you should now see a button on your end to submit a selfie. Could you please try to submit a selfie from your end and let us know if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths