🐈
» Forums » Support » ID verification
Page options
Eduardo P Community Member

Visual verification

My laptop doesn’t have a camera. And would like to finish the verification process. Is there a way for me to complete this process via mobile phone?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Kori,

Some freelancers will be eligible for digital photo verification in place of a video call. To complete digital photo, or "selfie" verification, you'll be asked to take a photo of yourself on your computer or mobile device. If you run into any issues with your Browser Settings for Visual Verification you can check this help article. For any other issues, please reach out to our support team. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

532 REPLIES 532
Qasim A Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the ID Verification Taking Too Long

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Qasim,

I have escalated your case to the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. Please expect an update here with instructions on how to complete your ID Verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Mohamud A Community Member

Dear support team

I tried to request an Identity Verification badge from a Desktop computer and use my phone to capture the QR scan but I didn't receive any SMS from UpWork. After a while, I closed the page, and the verification request was sent without visual verification.

Please help me.

Thanks 

Mo Ali

b50407c9_0-1666083293366.png

Mohamud A Community Member

Dear community manager,

Now the first and second steps are verified but the third step is remaining. How can I take a selfie? I don't see any action button to take a selfie.

Please help to finish the last one.

Thank  you.

b50407c9_0-1666094488311.png

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Mohamud,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you should have the option to take a selfie once you click on the green "Continue" button. Could you please try to click on the Continue button and let us know if you have the option to take a selfie? 

~ Nikola
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Mohamud,

Thank you for reaching out. If you're having trouble with the selfie, could you please try speaking with an agent instead? You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an agent button like this.

~ AJ
Upwork
Ilyas B Community Member

Hey Upwork Community,

I have a problem with my account, I have done with Identity verification ( ID, localisation, Visual ), but it seems like visual doesn't work and stuck in reviewing, but it's more than 7 days and doesn't approve
Now, Upwork has blocked for me to submit proposal for new work

I need to resolve that ASAP

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Ilyas,

I checked your account and it doesn't seem that you need to complete any verification at the moment, nor there is any restriction on your account. If you're having trouble submitting proposals on your end, could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Don't hesitate to let us know if the issue persists so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Ilyas B Community Member

Hey Luiggi,

Thank you for replying, and apologize for didn't mention the right account,

I'm talking for another account : User ID: 24337d17, I'll be very glad if you can fix that please

PS: I can't open a new topic with the other account and I was stuck

Help me please, I need to get back to work

Thank you

Ilyas B Community Member

Hey Upwork Community,  Upwork ID : 24337d17

Recently, I have received the mail to complete the verification ( 3 steps ), I did it, but the last one = visual verification is stuck on reviewing and isn't accepted from the last  week.

Now, Upwork has blocked for me to submit proposal to a new work, I need to fix that, Please can anyone help me

Thank you

PS: the problem is on this account ID: 24337d17

Hussain Z Community Member

Hey there fellow Upworkers, as a newbie recently I was asked for verification. I uploaded my govt Id which got verified in under 1 minute, But the selfie verification is taking too long as it says 1 business day but its been 3 days nows. My govt Id was issued in 2014 and valid up tilll 2024. Can Anyone help me to sort this out will be much grateful. 

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Hussain,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Mikhail K Community Member

Hello! I uploaded my selfie for verification and have been waiting for the result for a week now. I think there's been some kind of mistake.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your verification process and you should now see the “Identity Verified” badge on your profile. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
David B Community Member

Hi there, I recently was notified I needed to get verified - ID and location verification were no problem.

But I've been stuck for a few days on the visual verification step. It says "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day. " - But it's been I believe 3 days now?

I'm concerned because it says that if I'm not verified by tomorrow, I won't be able to continue to accepting jobs on Upwork.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Avery O Community Manager

Hi David, 

I apologize for the delay. Our team had to look into this further. Please know that the team has reached out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets here. 

~ Avery
Ahmed E Community Member

I want to speak to a support for visual verification

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Ahmad Abdullah,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Taras K Community Member

Hello, visual verification taking too much time, I can't contact with anyone, and I lost much connection, coz thinking people just don't respond on my candidate. Thank you🙏

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Taras,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your visual verification has been approved now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Thu H Community Member

Recenty, Upwork asked me to verify my ID and visual Identification. I did both of them but it is taking me almost 5 days now and it's still saying we are reviewing your ID and Visual. What should I do?

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Thu, 

Someone will reach out to you to assist you directly regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Rong Z Community Member

Hi, I already had visual verification last 2/12/2022 but it is already 3 days it is still not verified. What should I do?

Rong Z Community Member

It's been fixed now, thanks

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Rong,

Thank you for your message. Happy to hear that your issue is already resolved.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths