🐈
» Forums » Support » Visual verification
Page options
Eduardo P Community Member

Visual verification

My laptop doesn’t have a camera. And would like to finish the verification process. Is there a way for me to complete this process via mobile phone?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Kori,

Some freelancers will be eligible for digital photo verification in place of a video call. To complete digital photo, or "selfie" verification, you'll be asked to take a photo of yourself on your computer or mobile device. If you run into any issues with your Browser Settings for Visual Verification you can check this help article. For any other issues, please reach out to our support team. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

532 REPLIES 532
Manh Tu D Community Member

I have verified my ID and location verification but not the visual one, i submitted the photo but it didn't get accepted maybe because it's too blurry. So can i redo the photo step, and my english is only at the written level, probably cant hear a single word from the agents.

Pratik A Community Member

15-10-2023-05-51-00.png

15-10-2023-05-53-08.png

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Zapier,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
Areeba K Community Member

Hi. Can you look into my issue please. I am facing the same issue of face not detecting. I am required to do a visual verification but my face is not getting detected at all. Also, I don't have any tickets to request this issue. Kindly help me with this issue. My ID and location are verified .

Hi Areeba,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can see that your visual verification has already been approved.

~ AJ
Upwork
Aaron D Community Member

I have received 2 successfully verified notifications out of three on Upwork but I'm still restricted in my account. I have contacted Upwork but they are not responding.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Aaron,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Aaron D Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I haven't heard from anyone. not even a confirmation.

Hi Aaron,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions via the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team can assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
Jovarya Q Community Member

Hi!
Upwork asked me for verification. I submitted my ID copy but I failed to do
visual verification. As my laptop camera is not working. I do QR scan and
send msg but as it is the turn of visual verification I'm failed. Today is
last day of verification. Plz help me what to do next.
Thank you
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Jovarya,

Are you able to attempt to complete the verification process from a smartphone instead? Let us know if that helps.

~ Luiggi
Usman H Community Member

i done your work .i am also use chat gpt
Kendrah M Community Member

I've done the first 2 steps of worker verification on Upwork, but things stop working at the 3rd. I have to do a visual verification where I show my face, but on both phone and computer, on Safari and Microsoft Edge, the page stays white and the camera turns on but then turns off.

So I can't fully verify my account. Help.

Can a member reach out to me with a ticket please.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Kendrah,

I'm sorry you're having trouble completing the verification process. I notified the relevant team and they've just recently contacted you via a support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Quinter A Community Member

I was testing my phone camera and it seems it captured a different face instead of mine. I need to retake the photo so that my profile can be verified. I just landed my first contract.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Quinter,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Dawit L Community Member

Well it's ok I need it

Dawit Lemma
hongtao y Community Member

Hello, I am currently conducting video verification. I have already submitted my ID card photo, but when I was conducting mobile video verification, the video verification never passed.
The process is as follows: I opened the video verification window based on the SMS link, and an oval window appeared. I held my phone up for a long time to take photos, and the photos were normal without any problems.
But after a period of time, the webpage display expired.
I have repeated this process several times, all with the same result.
I don't understand why. This should be automatic photography, not manual photography. I didn't see any buttons for manual photography.
I want to choose to have a conversation with the agent, but my spoken English is very poor, and I am not sure if I can have a normal conversation with the agent.
I don't know what to do.

Hi hongtao,

I understand you're having trouble completing the visual verification. You can try speaking with an agent instead so we can properly assist you in completing this process. We'll do our best to provide you with simple instructions as to not make things more complicated. Feel free to ask the agent to rephrase or repeat their question or statement if it wasn't clear.

You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an agent button like this.

~ AJ
Upwork
Ccn T Community Member

I have a problem in id verification they said We are reviewing your selfie  and it's a week so far and i can't make id verification I uploaded my id photot but in vain. I don't know what to do 

Altaf H Community Member

Create a new ID and use it when they request your photo. When they ask for your verification, provide your selfie, and the verification process should go smoothly.

Monim A Community Member

You can email them about this issue. If they are late with their solution, you can follow Altaf H's

Hi Con,

If you're having trouble with the selfie, could you please try speaking with an agent instead? You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an Agent button like this.

~ AJ
Upwork
Aaron B Community Member

hi upwork, my identification has been uploaded but my selfie has not been verified, but wont let me do it again, how do i fix this?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Aaron,

I took a closer look at your profile and can confirm that your selfie has been accepted. Your ID is Verified, and you should see the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths