🐈
» Forums » Support » Visual verification
Page options
Eduardo P Community Member

Visual verification

My laptop doesn’t have a camera. And would like to finish the verification process. Is there a way for me to complete this process via mobile phone?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Kori,

Some freelancers will be eligible for digital photo verification in place of a video call. To complete digital photo, or "selfie" verification, you'll be asked to take a photo of yourself on your computer or mobile device. If you run into any issues with your Browser Settings for Visual Verification you can check this help article. For any other issues, please reach out to our support team. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

532 REPLIES 532
Nida K Community Member

Hi 

I am facing an issue with the profile photo. My Id verification through the ID card was verified but then when selfie was taken, the verification process  halted and I received an email that my photo on ID card and profile photo should match. I believe the religious beliefs are resapected by UPWORK because in my public display of photo, I have NIQAAB (face veil) on. Please guide me on this matter

thanks

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Nida,

I see you've coordinated with one of our Support team members via chat. It looks like you've been assisted accordingly and resolved the issue. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Saibal N Community Member

Hi, my visual verification is not completed yet. it's still showing ''We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day.'' may i know how long it will take to complete the process because the given timeline has already been over!

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Saibal,

Thank you for reaching out. If you're having trouble with the selfie, could you please try speaking with an agent instead? You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an Agent button like this.

~ AJ
Upwork

I can't see that option either! Is there any way i can take the selfie once again?Screenshot 1945-08-16 at 6.53.29 PM.png

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Saibal,

Thank you for following up. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola

Thanks for the response. Please make it quick, as it already consumed a lot of time.

Vishesh G Community Member

Hi Support Team,

My visual verification is pending from last 6-7 days.Why its taking that much time .
As per the message on the page it says "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day."

Can you please check it on pririty and do let me know if anything additional required from my side .

PS: As i didn't find any support email id so posting it over community forum.

Hi Vishesh,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Vishesh G Community Member

Any update on this? I am getting this warning and today seems to be last day

[image: image.png]
Abdelhak M Community Member

I've been asked to verify my identity to keep applying to jobs,  I passed the two first steps successfully (ID document verification and Location verification) but it's been more than three days and I didn't get an answer from the third step Visual verification, I keep getting this message : We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day.

Malik A Community Member

If it's been more than three days and you haven't received a response for the Visual verification step, it's a good idea to follow up with the organization or platform you're applying to for jobs. There might be a delay or an issue with the verification process, and they can provide further assistance or information on the status of your application.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Abdelhak,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Md Jweel M Community Member

Hey,

I have been trying more than 4-5 times to verify my ID, and after sending the photos of my ID it goes to the state "We are reviewing your ID" or Not ?, then it leaves that state and asks me to enter the ID verification again and again

Note: I have sent photos of my documents of the best quality 5 times and they always ask me again already I submit my ID card 1 day ago

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Md Jweel,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello i very big issue

i try to contact Upwork support team he didn't give a solution just say upload your document on the verification link

But my Problem is ,

I have been trying more than 5 times to verify my ID, and after sending the photos of my ID it goes to the state "We are reviewing your ID", then it leaves that state and asks me to enter the ID verification again.

I repeat please the problem: I have sent photos of my documents of the best quality 5 times and they always ask me again

that is my problem please help me to verify "it's already 2 day over"

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Md Jweel,

I see you already have a support ticket regarding your concern, and the team recently responded to you. Please continue coordinating with them through your support ticket. 

To help us streamline the process, please refrain from creating multiple tickets or posts about the same issue. This allows our team to assist you more efficiently and achieve the best possible outcome faster.
~ Luiggi
Hardik P Community Member

Hi Luiggi R

I am facing the same issue. 
Can you please let me know what would be a next step? 
https://prnt.sc/dutci4PInpAB

Thanks,
Hardik

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Hardik,

Looking at the screengrab you shared, you're still missing some documentation to complete the verification. Can you please click "Continue" to upload what's missing?

~ Luiggi
Hardik P Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I have done this 3 times already.

After your reply I did that again.

Now 4 more days have passed.

But, I am still facing this problem.

Hi Hardik,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Yes but customer support close the tickets and say submit you id card in you verification link.

but the problem is i send the document but after some time later he again ask to submit this is the problem

why it's happening ??

Priscilla L Community Member

Dear Sir/Madam,

First, I am very disappointed that there's no way or access to file a support ticket on Upwork.

Second, how come it took months but still didn't pass my profile visual verification? See here:
Capture.JPG
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Priscilla,

Apologies for the delay in reviewing your visual verification. I see that your visual verification has already been reviewed and approved.

- Pradeep

Ashanti A Community Member

So I've been verified already for a few weeks and then earlier this week I was asked to verify my ID again. 

My account has since been stuck in verification for a week. 

Can someone help? I'm unable to put proposals out. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths