🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Why I am not getting profile views
Page options
Kartik P Community Member

Why I am not getting profile views

Please tell me why I am not getting profile views. 

Why Upwork is not showing my profile to the clients?

If clients will not see my profile so how they will send Me invites?

I want the answer please tell me Upwork. My badge is also always on, so I have turned it off now because views are not coming.

Thanks in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
James Thomas G Community Member

Dear Kartik,

How many proposals are you sending out? How are you writing your cover letters? What makes your portfilio stand out?

I looked at your profile and saw in your title "Expert" and yet you only have one job. I know this does not mean you are not an expert, you could be working on many platforms and have a number of clients on the side, but th perception with one job is "not an expert." 

Because you don't have many jobs, it is incumbent upon your portfolio to show "expertise."

My advice then is  to keep updating and putting your best work in your profile. If you don't have jobs, make some for yourself. Look for the jobs you want and create samples of that work.

Also, at your point, you may have to simply take very low paying jobs to get more of a work history going. I would search and find work that a number of times a day and be one of the first to jump on the assignments.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
James Thomas G Community Member

Dear Kartik,

How many proposals are you sending out? How are you writing your cover letters? What makes your portfilio stand out?

I looked at your profile and saw in your title "Expert" and yet you only have one job. I know this does not mean you are not an expert, you could be working on many platforms and have a number of clients on the side, but th perception with one job is "not an expert." 

Because you don't have many jobs, it is incumbent upon your portfolio to show "expertise."

My advice then is  to keep updating and putting your best work in your profile. If you don't have jobs, make some for yourself. Look for the jobs you want and create samples of that work.

Also, at your point, you may have to simply take very low paying jobs to get more of a work history going. I would search and find work that a number of times a day and be one of the first to jump on the assignments.

Teasha J Community Member

I would also add that you should see how many people have already applied. If it's a lot it is possible that they will not review your proposal.