🐈
» Forums » Support » concern regarding a refund
Page options
valencia0924
Community Member

concern regarding a refund

Hi there! just wanted to ask a question. So I got a client requesting a refund for a 10 hrs work. I wasn't able to time track my progress since I had to use an internet cafe due to power disruptions. before I started the work the client agreed on a 10 hours time, after submitting the work to him I requested for a manual 10 hrs input. I waited for about a week for him to accept the manual time in but he didn't so I just went and used the time track for 10 hours with constant clicking on the mouse just for the 10 hours to be placed. is there anything I could do about this?

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Karel,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the refund request from the client.To qualify for Upwork Hourly Protection, you must log hours while doing the actual work and your work diary must show a fair and adequate level of activity for contract-related work. Adding manual hours or logging hours later must be approved by the client to avoid disputes. I would like to inform you that the Upwork Desktop app has a time-caching mode so you can continue logging time through minor internet connection issues or Upwork site maintenance. Usually, the cache will automatically upload as soon as your connection is reestablished so the time can be included in your weekly invoices. The latest version of the desktop app can cache 24 hours at a time. Check out this help page for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths