🐈
» Forums » Support » issue entering address city
Page options
84bcb389
Community Member

issue entering address city

Hello, I am new here and trying to complete my profile form but I am unable to enter my address. The city field will not find my city, possibly because I live in a rural area.I have seen that some people have had a similar issue but I cannot seem to find a solution so far. Any suggestions?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Dan,

I sent you a private message. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

~ Angelica Mikaela

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
faisalsamroz01
Community Member

paste the postal code of nearest city.

I did that and it still did not come up. And when I type in the name of the city it shows all other locations with that name but not the one where I live.

28df5aed

Hi Dan,

When adding an address, sometimes our address is not recognized. But there is a way to add the address manually. Please let me help you by showing you how it is done. 

1. Think of a ''false'' address that you believed is non-existent. We are not using that address as your final address, but we will use it essentially to make the option ''add address manually'' appear. You will see it in my screenshot below.

2. In my example, I used  '' 12345 Sample address '' and it's important to remember one thing: We need to type it slowly. So when you type the address, pause before you continue to type the next digit or letter. This will give the site time to ''process'' what you are typing and the moment it recognizes that the address is not identified, it will show this:28df5aed_0-1693397004340.png

3. You will see the option to add it and please add it manually.28df5aed_1-1693397004272.png

Tip:

In some cases, you don't even need to use a false address to trigger the option to add the address manually. The key is typing the address slowly, pausing once in a while before typing the next letter or digit. You may try to type your address too but make it slow, the option should appear too.

Hope this helps!

~ Angelica Mikaela
84bcb389
Community Member

Thank you for your reply, I have tried the "enter address manually" option, however, when I get to the "city" portion it still only gives options from the dropdown menu, and will not allow me to complete it. I get that "type slowly to select a city" message even after entering manually.

Hi Dan,

Can you please send me a private message so I can assist you further? I need some information that should not be posted here in the forum.

~ Angelica Mikaela

My apologies for being new and not knowing how to better navigate, but I cannot find where to send you a private message. it says "profile no longer available" when I click your name. 

Hi Dan,

I sent you a private message. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

~ Angelica Mikaela
9d5b1fa2
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. It will not let me enter the my street address. I've tried entering each number, letter, space slowly, no luck.  And the add manually option is never available

Thanks

Hi Steve,

Apologies for the trouble while adding your address. You should get an option to add the address manually if your address is not available in the list. Could you please try the same thing again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths