🐈
» Forums » Support » my potential client is restricted from this c...
Page options
robert_saunders
Community Member

my potential client is restricted from this communication; what does that exactly mean?

6 REPLIES 6
fccfebe2
Community Member

When this happens, it's typically because there's an issue with your client's account that they must resolve. Usually means they did something to break Upwork's ToS.

robert_saunders
Community Member

Thank you Milos ... I suspected something like that since they wanted me to Skype. The link they provided took me outside of the Upwork framework.

6e492d23
Community Member

Thank you Milos,does it mean they're scammers ?is my character being developed in this case,last year I got a client ,I thought I could trust the guy worked for him for a VERY LONG TIME,so please tell me if there's a chance that these type of clients are scammers ,I have a contract and I submitted my work for review but after 2 hours I got that message ,what's up,what if they come back and initiate a refund?

what if i had a contract and the account gets restricted and i submitted my work for approval, will I  get paid ,say if the client status remains restricted or worse suspended?

Hi Duncan,

Hi Kalp,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you with more information about the contract and further assistance resolving the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6e492d23
Community Member

Hi Arjay the matter is now worse ,upwork has suspended from the client from messages upwork,the scary part is that this client wanted to cut down the contract by 50% after I submitted my work like over 7 days ago,he wants me to do free work after a month!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths