🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: ID verified and asked again after a few h...
Page options
Slawomir R Community Member

pointless re-verify

Hello,

I'm a top rated freelancer and I verified my identity last month. Now I have got the same request again.

Taking 10 minutes to do it is not a big deal, although I would prefer that Upwork respects my time rather then feeling entitled to waste it on pointless excercises.
I have passed it and it was no different then the previous one.

The bigger issue is that my account is on temporary hold and it lasts longer then 10 minutes. Upwork claims that it has up to 48 hours to release it.
I'm worried about how this is presented to the clients.

The main question is - why do Upwork even does it so often? Do you think that my identity changed within a month?

Kind regards

Slawek

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Jae Sung, 

At times, for a variety of reasons, we need to ask our users to verify their identity or other information. Please know we do try to avoid doing this repeatedly. However, as part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, we must reach out to users again sometimes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

To verify your identity, log into your Upwork account and click on “Settings.” In the left-hand column, choose “Identity Verification.” Follow the steps there to begin verification. For tips on correctly completing the process and details about the documents needed, click here.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Avery

View solution in original post

652 REPLIES 652
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I can see that you've replied with this information to the team via your support ticket with them. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Thomas B Community Member

Thank you Luiggi.
I appreciate your support.
I anticipate that time.

Mahdi H Community Member

No

Muhammad Ahmad N Community Member

I have started working on the upwork from tomorrow. I am having very issues with my work on upwork in this short time. They suspend my financial account or again and again ask me to verify identity as i have done successfully many times. Kindly i request the team to solve this problem and not to do this again. I shall be very grateful to in this regard 🙏🙏

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Muhammad Ahmad,

I can see that one of our agents has already contacted you. You can access the ticket by logging in to your Upwork account and going here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Fabio M Community Member

Upwork keeps asking me for uploading my ID. 

The first time last night (after archiving all my proposals). I uploaded it, took the selfie and it was automatically approved.

All good, I resumbitted all my proposals. After a few hours, my proposal were archived again and another request for uploading my ID came without any explaination.

I don't know what exactly to do, plus, I can't reach out to any Customer Support agent.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hello Fabio,

I'm sorry for any confusion that may have caused you. I've escalated your concern to the relevant team and can confirm that your verification has been successfully completed.

Regarding your proposals, we've escalated your Community post via a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further with this.

~ Luiggi
Youcef K Community Member

Can you please check my account as well? I uploaded my ID and submitted everything, then I'm asked again for the same if I log out. I did it 3 times already and I'm being asked again. This is frustrating 

Seif E Community Member

I can't verify my account, each time it says an expired ID but my passport will expire in 2031 , so what should I do ?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Seif,

I see that the team has reached out with more information about the status of your ID Verification and further instructions on resolving the issue. You may visit your ticket here or email and coordinate with the team; they'll gladly assist.

You may also review this help article for acceptable documents and best practices when submitting your ID for review.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Victory C Community Member

Hi, i keep getting an error message whenever i try uploading the image of my document for the identity verification. I've tried it more than five times already, still experiencing the same issue. Please, is there any solution to this?

William T C Community Member

Victory,

Click the above Support link with an attachment of the issue.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Victory,

Could you please try again after clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Sathursan K Community Member

Hello Upwork Community and Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out to seek assistance regarding an issue I recently encountered as a new member of the Upwork platform. As part of my initial journey, I eagerly submitted proposals to potential projects, utilizing my connects in the process. However, I was unaware of the immediate need for identity verification on the platform.

Subsequently, my proposals were automatically withdrawn, and I noticed that the connects used for these proposals have not been returned to my account. The automatic withdrawal coincided with the period during which I was in the process of verifying my identity, a requirement I was not fully aware of as a newcomer.

Understanding the importance of security and trust within the Upwork community, I have since completed the identity verification process. Now, I am reaching out to inquire about the possibility of having my connects returned, considering they were spent on proposals that were withdrawn due to the verification status at that time.

Could anyone please advise on the following:

1. Is it standard procedure for connects not to be returned under these circumstances?
  2. Following successful verification, is there a possibility for the connects to be reinstated, given the unique situation?

Any guidance, advice, or steps I should take next would be greatly appreciated. I am committed to being an active and verified member of this platform and look forward to contributing positively to the Upwork community.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Warm regards,

Sathursan.K

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Deva,

I checked your account and saw that you have been requested to complete the verification process. Upon logging into your account, please complete this step by clicking on the 'Get Started' option on the notification banner. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Ahmed K Community Member

Hello there,

I have an issue and the Upwork team made it in status solved, but the issue is still not solved with me and my account has been stopped   

I can not receive any new work 

please i need help 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a new support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Fatima S Community Member

Hello,

I am here to hire talent for work. The identity verification (which I have done twice now) doesnt seem to work. I get an sms and I am instructed to take photos of my ID and then of myself. The process stops there, I dont get any info if this is ok or not, and my account is just there... nothing happening

Also, I am told I cannot post a job before I confirm identity. So I cannot really do anything on this platform.

In terms of customer service, they have quite a basic chatbot so not very useful to "chat" with it...

Please help.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Fatima,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the verification process. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
MD MANIK S Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**Hi,

First I was given an ID card by a Govtment. I verified the upwork account with it but recently due to some problem I had to change my ID card there I corrected my name spelling and my ID card number also changed but age is correct and the space is ok.

In that case how can I re-verify upwork account with my current ID card.

In short the id card which was used to verify my Upwork account earlier is canceled now and now I have a new id card I want to re-verify my upwork account with it please tell me what to do.

Regards,

Md Manik Sorder

Hi MD,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
MD Nasir U Community Member

Reason, I already had to correct my national identity card, because the authorities made some mistakes in the previous national identity card.

Due to the said problem, I could not add a TIN Certificate till now.

My name and date of birth were incorrect

How can I re-verify my Upwork account?

Thank you

Hi Nasir,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
MD Nasir U Community Member

Thanks for replying,

hopefully, I will be given a good solution

Muhungu abamutaki V Community Member

Hello dear Upwork support team, after receiving my first contract offer I am required to submit my identity and I don't know If I have to identify several times.

I am from the Democratic Republic of Congo, I can't verify with the QR or the link you sent by SMS, may I submit my document with a manual process, please?

In Congo, once we vote, we receive the "carte d'electeur" and which helps us to Open a bank account, withdraw money at the bank, we don't have ID cards this is the only way to prove my identity, it's linked to my bank account, and I use it sometimes to prove my identity on Linkedin. 

I am waiting for a new passport now and the process seems slow in some African countries, if you agree with me I can scan you the old one to compare with my "carte d'electeur".

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths