🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Agency Question
Page options
nobedoza
Community Member

Agency Question

Hi,

Just want to ask, I hired two agents under my agency and working with one of our clients and just today the client decided to end the contract for both agents. And I heard that one of the agent wants to leave the agency on her upwork profile. Just want to ask, if the agent leave the agency, where should the salary fall?. Is it still on the agencies end if not what would be a good advise for this situation since the agent wants to pirate the client too and literally negotiating and planning things outside upwork. Please advise.

Here's the agents info: 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thanks,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Noemy O wrote:

Which means regardless if the agent leave her upwork profile with the agency, her salary will still fall on the agency?is that right ?

If she was hired through the agency  then no matter what happened afterwards, payment will go though the agency, and you have to pay the freelancer as agreed previously.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Noemy, any payments for agency contracts will go to the agency account. If a freelancer is hired on a contract as an independent freelancer, they'll be paid on their account. If you think your agency freelancer will approach the client outside of the agency, please communicate with them directly about that. Note, that Upwork is not a party to any agreement between the agency and its agency members. As an agency owner, you can negotiate any additional terms with your agency members and sign any additional documents. For more information, please refer to the section 2.1 of the User Agreement.

~ Bojan
Upwork
nobedoza
Community Member

Which means regardless if the agent leave her upwork profile with the agency, her salary will still fall on the agency?is that right ?

Just want to make sure and calarify.

petra_r
Community Member

Noemy O wrote:

If she was hired through the agency  then no matter what happened afterwards, payment will go though the agency, and you have to pay the freelancer as agreed previously.

nobedoza
Community Member

Thank you

Hi,

I am new about all related to Upwork agency, I saw that my agency exclusive members can apply by their own but I receive the answer of the customers in my agency inbox. What should I do in this situation? that my agency member handle all the negotiation and I ask them for a commission percentage? How you guys handle your members proposal?

Thanks in advance:)

Hi Upwork,
I just created my agency profile. I want to clear things like.
Can I use the same bank account that I use in an individual account for my Upwork agency as a payment receiving?
Also, Can I get an offer on my agency profile without making it active is it possible? Like I request to my client that he send me a job offer on my agency account. I did not yet activate my agency with the premier.
Also, Can I use my individual profile bank account as a billing method for the agency activations?

Notes:
Need answers with details for these.

Thanks.
Abdul

Hi Abdul,

Regarding your payment and billing methods, you can use the same methods you have set up on your freelancer profile. To learn more about our accepted billing methods click Here

Regarding the offer, unfortunately no. Clients will be able to send you offers on your agency profile once it's successfully created. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths