🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Assign Tasks to Members
Page options
bosque_sydney
Community Member

Assign Tasks to Members

How can I assign specific tasks of a large project to team members? The only reason I started an agency was because it seemed as though I could accept larger projects and then split them up into individual tasks for my team members. 

Now, it looks like I have to take the jobs personally, communicate with my team outside of UpWork to assign tasks, take the payment to my personal UpWork account, and then pay out my team through PayPal. 

WHY?????? The WHOLE REASON A.N.Y.O.N.E. would open an agency is so you could assign tasks to team members and split payments between them. Now my earnings will be skewed and my team members get screwed. I can't just have a client hire my editor when he's hiring my agency for an article. We provide articles that are edited. He's hiring both of us. Some projects need all 4 of us. I'm not going to ask my client to divide all of his work into individual segments that I have no control over.

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Sydney,

As the agency owner, you can submit proposals on behalf of the agency members. When logged in to your agency account on the submit a proposal section, there will an option for you to select the name of the agency member you're submitting the proposal for. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

This is not an answer to the original post. 

jenniferhead
Community Member

Two years later and this is still apparently a problem. This is why I started an agency as well. The contract was sent to me, I accepted, and now it seems that I can not assign work to other members of my agency. Furthermore, Upwork has now done away with  phone support for Freelancers and Agencies! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths